Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 9:37 am

I'm not able to smell boiling cabbage on the stove without feeling very sad and wanting to cry.
Guess it's something repressed. The smell of cake baking makes me happy though. The smell of bread baking makes me want to make out...a LOT of desire. The smell of brew makes me want to punch. How about you??

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

The smell of diesel fumes and other strong exhaust fumes makes me depressed instantly and nauseous,the smell of leaves in the fall makes me feel good,it's a sweet tannin smell and I love the way libraries smell! But not doctors offices or hospitals,scary smells.
Once I left someone's house because I swear they sprayed half a can of Glade air freshener,I nearly gagged,also bug spray,if they spray it,I'm outa there!!

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

I get sick when I smell deceased rotten animals or humans. The smell of certain baby poo and vomit also aint good for my metabolism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

Would you like to take out my bathroom garbage? :lol: :wink:

On a more serious note, the smell of school hallways make me want to cry. They have a distinct smell that brings back bad memories.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 12:22 am

Last year after one of the family dogs had a surgery I had to help get him home and he had that lingering kennel smell on him, one of the most heart-wrenching smells I can articulate.

Good smells I associate with my paternal grandparents; old car interior from mostly Chrysler products and Gold Bond powder

Linen closets draw memories of happier times during childhood, which in a way is a sad smell - tearing up even as I write - they were gone a long time ago and never coming back. FFS

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

My mom burns a lot of candles, and there is this certain scent that one of them had - a kind of sweet tropical scent that I can't recall the name of - that fills me with bittersweet nostalgia, because I associate it with the time I was a teenager, which was a very difficult time for me, but is nostalgic because of the special interests I had at the time.

I find the scents of the seasons (flowers in spring, fresh-cut grass in the summer, and fallen leaves in autumn) to be very comforting, along with the scent of fresh laundry, lavender and sweet pea.

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

Dittos on that smell of laundry washing. Always found it very comforting. Especially good if it has a little bleach in it. Cut grass smell makes me sick cuz I smelled it so often when trying to mow the stuff when it was 110 in the shade..lol. I have mental heat strokes maybe.

IdahoRose wrote:
My mom burns a lot of candles, and there is this certain scent that one of them had - a kind of sweet tropical scent that I can't recall the name of - that fills me with bittersweet nostalgia, because I associate it with the time I was a teenager, which was a very difficult time for me, but is nostalgic because of the special interests I had at the time.

I find the scents of the seasons (flowers in spring, fresh-cut grass in the summer, and fallen leaves in autumn) to be very comforting, along with the scent of fresh laundry, lavender and sweet pea.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:33 pm

the smell of burning cedar wood-smoke makes my heart feel like it is breaking all over again.
baking apple pie or the smell of laundry taken in off the line or freshly brewed coffee at 6 in the morning after a run; all very happy smells.