Do neurotypical people ever not get along?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:50 pm

It seems that nts always like each other for the most part.

It seems it just the people with AS or on the spectrum don't get along with neurotypical people.

Am I imagining things?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 4:02 pm

Almost everyone I know is "NT" but I get along with most of them okay. In fact I'm sorry to say I may have more trouble coping with someone with even high-functioning Autism like my now-teenaged nephew Lucas. A couple of years ago in the summer he came to visit and as usual practically lived in my parent's swimming pool. :) But he just did not get the message that other swimmers in the pool do not always enjoy being splashed, especially before they're dunked, or being grabbed or pulled under water, or invading their space while they swim. And when he was told not to do so he'd say okay and then do it anyway. And then he's left wondering why no one wants to swim with him anymore. People here tend to bash and stereotype NT people a lot and I don't really like it. :(

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 4:06 pm

Is this some kind of trick question?

People are people, and they come in all types. Two NTs are not guaranteed to "get along" just because they are both NT, any more than two Aspies would be guaranteed to "get along" just because they are Aspie.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 4:26 pm

I've met NT people who don't get along with each other. Just because someone is NT, doesn't mean that it is 100 percent guaranteed that they will get along well with every NT they ever meet. Most NTs try to mingle in and want to get along, but that doesn't make it definate for every NT individual.

Haven't you ever heard of people being bitchy towards one another? Or cliquey-ness that goes on in some workplaces. You ought to have been at my last voluntary job - it was full of NTs (managers and volunteers) and there was always some sort of argument going on every day.

Gosh, I wish it was a world where every NT got on with every other NT, then life would be much better!

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2012, 4:34 pm

Quote:
Am I imagining things?

Yes, you probably are. My best friend is an NT (though she has depression), and has problems getting along, as well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

Well...Osama Bin Ladin was NT.

And so are both GW Bush, and Barack Obama.

But bin ladin and bush didnt get along very well..

And if Obama had any affection for Osama- putting an ounce of navy seal lead in Osama's head was a funny way of showing it!

There are such things as wars.
Most people who waged wars against each other in the last 10 thousand years of history were nt's!

Suggesting that NT's always get along with each other - I just find that laughable.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

Uhh....no, obviously not?

I don't find myself any different from NT's (aside from having experienced the ages differently), I'm just less developed and pretty unwise.
Like you know how little kids piss off adults? It's the same thing, and oh yeah, the little kids are NTs too.

Little kids fight over stupid things, they never get along.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

If all NT people got along, the world would be a much better place. All you have to do is watch the news for proof that they don't lol.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 10:03 pm

an "NT" like any other person will have different interests, thoughts, and ideas that will vary from person to person. Therefore, its not really possible for such a high percentage of the worldwide population to all get on just fine. I find it difficult to form a bond with people in general, not just one category.

ProbablyNotNormal
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

Of course.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm

Of course, I've seen NT's back stab, destroy each other with rumors, go to full on fist fights, you name it.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 12:58 am

Would soap operas even exist if NTs always got along?

The main difference between us and NTs is they'll resume their interactions a few days after a petty falling-out and with us it's almost always a lifetime divorce.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 1:05 am

NTs are fake, see its an image thing. Plenty of conflict occurs between NTs but us aspies might not be able to detect the subtle signals that a conflict is going on. See people in real life (in public) rarely break out into stormy arguments despite what reality TV may show. Its considered uncivil to do so. I can gaurentee you that there is soooo much conflict that goes on that completely goes over our heads.

LaneS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2012, 4:23 am

I'll bet you're right Ai Ling. Happens to me all the time. I get shunned from almost every discussion because I'm simply doing it wrong lol

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

Hitler was an "NT".

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

KevinLA wrote:
It seems that nts always like each other for the most part.

It seems it just the people with AS or on the spectrum don't get along with neurotypical people.

Am I imagining things?

Really?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com