Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

hi,
Do you have narrow interests like only liking 3 or 4 things and only care for those? I do and i find it annoying. Its hard to stay focused on something that i dont have an interest in like sociology =(

Entek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

Yup.

If its not Magic, Computers, Gaming, Pyschology or Military, then im not interested.

Thats not saying that if an attractive female removes clothes in my immediate vicinity that i would quote gun stats mind you :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 3:45 pm

I had a hard time learning anything in school I was not interested in and people say lot of people have that problem. :?

I wouldn't say my interests are narrow or else I wouldn't read anything else or playing any video games or do anything else except read about my main interests only.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I had a hard time learning anything in school I was not interested in and people say lot of people have that problem. :?

I wouldn't say my interests are narrow or else I wouldn't read anything else or playing any video games or do anything else except read about my main interests only.

Yeah I don't know if my interests are narrow or not. I do other things that aren't related to my main interest, like a watch t.v while I eat and I go on WP everyday. I just spend way more time reading than the average person. Still I feel like my world is a lot narrower than the people I know in real life (my sister, my friend, even some of the people I know from my ASD support group). It seems like these people have richer lives.....they like video games and anime and certain movies and shows and they play musical instruments or make music on youtube and they sew costumes and go to cos-play conventions, and they have social lives, AND they read fantasy novels. I just read my o novels, occasionally look random things up I'm interested in, do some research related to the books I read online (but minimal), go on WP, and watch a couple shows while I eat. Also the things I look up are almost always related to etymology (the origin of words) and the meaning of words and parts of words, things related to Linguistics which I'm studying, things related to autism, and the novels I read........but even these are somewhat broad categories-it's not like one narrow aspect of linguistics or autism that might spark my interest. Is that having narrow interests?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

I can be interested in things other than bus-drivers of TGM Group (great bus company), but my special interest seems to be the most interesting thing in my life. The drivers are just that interesting, even though they're no different from people that aren't bus-drivers, and I do love all my non-bus-driver friends, but I still really badly want to be involved with all the bus-drivers of TGM. I want to work in TGM cleaning their buses at the depot and meeting all.....OK, I'm getting carried away now.

Yes, I do think my special interest is so important and so interesting that I even put it first before many other important things. Get enough criticisms for it from relatives.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

11 Nov 2012, 4:25 am

Entek wrote:
Yup.

If its not Magic, Computers, Gaming, Pyschology or Military, then im not interested.

Thats not saying that if an attractive female removes clothes in my immediate vicinity that i would quote gun stats mind you :D
There's nothing that makes an attractive woman want to go nude like matter-of-factly reciting the rounds-per-minute of various assault rifles. :D

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:33 am

Yes; "Orthodox Judaism, languages and American television are my life!"- Everyday of my life involve at least one these, and I couldn't imagine my life without them.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg