Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:10 pm

Hi, again, Magnus_Rex:

Excellent list. I suggest you print it off and bring it along.

Also: I suggest you print off Baron-Cohens Adult Aspergers quotient (I know that is not quite - I am in the process of writing an essay and I am tired) - anyways, it is a reputable evaluative tool which can help corroborate or eliminate a diagnosis. Bring that along. You can google it and there is a link here on site.

Some doctors are really good in that they like to learn both from and along with their patients. You might visit Tony Atwood's site and see if you can find some relevant material to have on hand "just in case".

Print off a check list of AS symptoms to bring along. As far as your grades, high academic performance in relation to the rest of life is often seen. I was labelled "gifted", I hold a 4.0 in university currently, and my career highlight has been scrubbing toilets. I have trouble making phone calls or answering the phone. People think I am spinny and simple and weird - explicitly called such, not just guessing.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

I had filled Baron-Cohen's Autism Spectrum Quotient and Emotional Quotient tests a few weeks ago, after I read about them on Tony Attwood's The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome. My scores were 35 on the ASQ (which indicates the possibility of classic autism) and 4 on the EQ (which is much lower than what I would expect).

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:23 pm

Bring 'em along to your appointment. Baron-Cohen is one I had to fill out.

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2012, 5:39 pm

Having examined all the currently available factiods on the AS issue I have reached the conclusion it might be a set of symptoms in search of a diagnosis. Good for the mental health folks to make a few bucks by hacking away at the Blue Cross card. What happened to all the different personality types which were prevalent and mostly appreciated back in the good old days? There was chubby sissy kids who played in the band..then there were thugs who rolled up the Pall Malls in the tee shirt arm..then were football players. Cant we all just get along here..lol. Do Aspies tend to take a simplistic view of things by any chance? I nearly know I have it.