what do you like and dislike about WP?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2012, 12:37 pm

Not a thread for criticising or bashing BTW. Just general points/opinions.

What I like about WP is the way there are seperate boards for specific different topics, which is nice and easy.

What I don't like about it is the way its difficult to get up pics up through copy and paste, you have to go through this other website and type in the url then something else etc.

How about you?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 12:42 pm

I dislike the extreme bandwagon behaviour of some posters.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

I like the way people usually reply to a thread once I've started one (usually on some forums I go on, I start a thread and nobody replies, even after weeks).

I dislike the way people here think everything they do in their life is to do with AS, even stuff that's a general human or life fact. And it's also annoying when people think every physical feature on their body is to do with AS too, which causes me to look at myself and go ''oh, God, is it normal to have _______?!'' (''Is having thick eyebrows/inner belly button/black hair/blue eyes/big nose, to do with AS?'' Ridiculous!)

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

I like that members from here are not so aggressive like on other forums.

And dislike

Quote:
I dislike the way people think everything they do in their life is to do with AS, even stuff that's a general human or life fact.

...this too.

And I was ignored many times when I needed to find some answers. It's not very helpful for me.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2012, 2:51 pm

Like: That it exists at all. No community of AS people like this has ever happened before.

Dislike: Only 10 items in the RSS feed. I miss a lot of posts, especially overnight. Would it be hard to bump the feed to around 100 items? That would let users keep up overnight. I don't know any other way to keep up with WP other than RSS - there is just too much activity.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
I like that members from here are not so aggressive like on other forums.

And dislike
Quote:
I dislike the way people think everything they do in their life is to do with AS, even stuff that's a general human or life fact.

...this too.

And I was ignored many times when I needed to find some answers. It's not very helpful for me.

Members are NOT aggressive?

Well... if you avoid the PPR forum that might well be true. In fact the PPR maybe the reason the rest of WP is so laid back- all the vitrolic folks vent in the PPR.

But yes- it does get annoying - all of those " i have a sweet tooth- is that an aspie trait?"- "I walk on two legs and breath oxegon- is that an aspie trait?" "I dont like to be watched when I go the bathroom, is that an aspie trait?" type of posts!

Ive toyed with suggesting a kind of "dead letter office" forum for cliche topics. Not quite sure how it would work- but if someone posts "Ive got an original question here- was adolf hitler an aspie?" they somehow get immediate shunted to that topic in the dead letter office- where they can view all of the years of comments on the already cliche subject.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:06 pm

It's like a space where I can just write whatever's in my brain at the time, and I don't really know anyone like I know people on facebook. So I can pretty much say anything,
It's addictive.

Dislikes:
Too much negativity and sour grapes going on, so many members have a chip on their shoulder about something.
It's addictive.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

I like how active this place is.

I dislike how there is no report to moderator button and how you can't view all the threads you have started instead of seeing threads you have replied in and started. it be nice if there was a separate thing for viewing threads by a user. I dislike how you have to resize the avatar yourself before you upload it on here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

I like that I have met a few people that I get on with by joining here.

However, I do not like the negativity and the general bad environment that this place has turned into because it has driven most of the aforementioned people away.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm

MONKEY wrote:
It's like a space where I can just write whatever's in my brain at the time, and I don't really know anyone like I know people on facebook. So I can pretty much say anything,
It's addictive.

Dislikes:
Too much negativity and sour grapes going on, so many members have a chip on their shoulder about something.
It's addictive.

Me.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:47 pm

rabbitears wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
It's addictive.

Dislikes:
It's addictive.

Me.

I know.
Everything I say here you know. Where-as other real life people such as family don't see what I put here.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Like:

The fact that I can say whatever's on my mind and there's a very slim chance that I'll be judged for it compared to other forums

People have been very patient with me these past several months even though I keep making topics about my struggles with my special interests

Dislike:

The hate that a lot of members have towards Christianity. I don't mind if you're an atheist but I would appreciate it if you didn't shove your beliefs down my throat (sound familiar? Then maybe you should stop being a hypocrite!)

Whenever something gets to be too popular, a lot of members start to hate it. Case in point: My Little Pony. When it was first introduced to the forums, every other member had a pony avatar and shared in the Brony love. But several months later, everyone else had moved on and I got made fun of for still enjoying it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:09 pm

Like:

There are many people talking about different things and I like to join those threads if they're not too advanced for me to comprehend. I also like the fact that we get to chose our avatars. I also like the fact that I get to get things off my chest. I have a chance to set a good example by not saying things that will hurt others or attacking others on account of their special interests.

Dislike:

We can't have avatars over a certain size. I can't start any thread I want or say anything I want, because people could attack me on account of my threads, apologies and special interests. The the dominant views regarding religion and life issues. There are times I feel that I'm the only Christian here. I felt that I was too old for WP at one point after being attacked on account of The Kinks and I don't post about them nearly as much as I used to. I get headaches from keeping my special interests to myself while posting on an autism support site.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

The people are too friendly..
Too many of the participants stick extra vowels in words that are completely superfluous.
Most of my attempts at humor end in a thud.
The pay isn't commensurate with my abilities.
people disappearing without a trace

Lots of good people that bring not so obvious insight on all types of subjects that's refreshing
the random ? thread
it's not facebook
lots of examples of success in all facets of life.
life's a journey and this is a good place to intersect with people from everywhere

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

LIke.
Having a forum that has people with the same experiences you learn so much about yourself.

Dislike.
Finding an avatar the right size, (I know it wouldn't be right to have any too big)

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 3:12 am

Well, I have a voice.