Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 3:12 am

Well, I have a voice.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

Trencher93 wrote:
Like: That it exists at all. No community of AS people like this has ever happened before. Snip

Agreed. – I've only spent a week here. Too short a time to dislike anything particularly.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 4:26 am

Someone to 'talk' to at 3 in the morning.
People whose minds work like mine does.
Interesting people from other countries and cultures.
People who get lonely and misunderstood, like me.

Sylkat

shyengineer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2012, 5:56 am

Giftorcurse wrote:
Well, I have a voice.

- I agree. It's good to be heard and I hardly ever see a thread without a reply.
- I've learnt more about myself here than in any counselling session.
- There's lots of different people with their own opinions but we have all something in common.
- Before I came to WP, I'd never met anyone like me.
- I can reduce the burden on my girlfriend so it's made our relationship better.
- It's free!

Dislikes
- There is some negativity and judgement, but hey, we're still human.
- I wish that the grey area was more acceptable. Although this is a forum for autism and AS, many people here have problems relating to AS even if they're not fully AS - social difficulties, anxiety, depression etc.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 8:07 am

Like:
- That this place has sentimental value to me (I'm surprisingly passionate about WP, I really am)
- All the cool peeps with unique special interests
- The high tolerance for weirdness
- Some of the cool people I've met here
- It's helped me to understand people and differences better, and it's given me a lot of knowledge of ASD's of course

Loathe:
- The negativity and sheer hopelessness of this place sometimes
- Despite the cool people I've met, interactions here haven't exactly been the best experience in my life
- Certain forums frustrate me to no end, we're talking head to brick wall, shake sense into people violently kinda stuff
- No ignore feature
- The small avatar size limit

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

Dislike:
* The site can be bogged down for quite a while.

* Threads can have mulitple variations on the same subject.

Like: It's not Facebook.

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Nov 2012, 12:18 pm

Like: great community, like minded people, class, nice variety of people and forums.

Dislike: over-sensitivity, slow rate of posting, seems like it's not common or cool to "cross the line" for the sake of the lulz.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

I like being around others like me.

I dislike typing a post and all of a sudden the screen clicks me back to a previous screen, and I lose my post. I am tired of it.

I dislike the arrogance that sometimes surfaces in opinions where some members cannot accept that others have opinions too.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

All the different kinds of avatars people have
How ages can vary
It's a nice place to talk about almost anything
I can say how I feel to anyone
Some people who are on often have thier own personality

Dislikes:
The many interests of people here are good but they make me look like a boring person because I have hardly any interests, or at least not any that I'm brave enough to admit
Swearing and complaining a lot (Even I can get annoyed by too much negativity)
The forums don't move fast enough at the time of day I'm on for me
When ther forums aren't being slow, they are too fast for me to keep up

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

That for the first time I don't feel weird in a group.
That a wider range of expression and subjects is allowed here then previous forums
That I can relate to many topics
That its a really diverse group

Dislikes

Don't really have any about the forum itself

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:07 pm

Likes: It gave me the hope of meeting new people and aquiring lifelong friendships, both online and in 'real life'.

Dislikes: Those hopes were short lived, often turned sour. Disappointing. Also I tend to not like the people here. For every 10 or so people that stand out from the crowd, maybe one of them will seem genuinely nice. The rest come across as bitter. Not much different to everyday life outside really, except the people are less likely to glass you in the face and more likely to try to just belittle you with their superficial forms of intelligence which are merely an overcompensation for the fact that they are socially and emotionally inept and pretty much duds in general and acutely aware and resentful because of it. I also dislike this place to an extent becaue it taught me once and for all that I'm no different to the majority of the people here I dislike and I now share their resentment and bitterness, but perhaps even moreso as I not only project my hatred and shame at others but also at myself for what I am - damaged goods. And hypocritical damaged goods at that.

Apart from that this place is pretty swell.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:00 am

- That its a good medium for posting my more meaningful thoughts.
- That I wont feel judged even if I consider my thoughts to be strange or perhaps one sided.
- Good deal of diversity with many different areas of discussion and a variety of member ages.
- The idea of getting to know other people and potentially forming friendships.

Dislikes:

- Feedback from what you say is VERY limited. Only a small percentage of my posts will have been replied to, sometimes it feels more like a diary for my thoughts opposed to any real discussion.
- Most people I've had direct contact with here, some that have even declared they would like someone to talk to have stopped contact with me for no clear reason.
- Can get a bit cliquey, i.e. People wont tend to interact with anyone not established in their group.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 1:01 am

Me gustan:

There's not nearly the amount of butthurt drama replies of , say a standalone interest forum.
I feel my contributions are valid; I can "spill my guts" without fear of being interrupted or under a stopwatch.
To that end I can be supportive and encouraging, and receive that boost when I need it.
Nobody puts down my interests the way people in those groups do.
The ranking system by quantity of poats is well presented, gives one a reason to keep coming back.
Though I haven't met anyone local IRL, I've developed a number of acquaintances here and found a member I've really hit it off with.
As other members have said; the fact this place even exists.

Me odio:

Although there is a special forum for other brain conditions, the "diagnosis" box on the profile leaves out even the common ones. I've lived most of my life identifying as ADHD and was dismayed to not see that represented. Who knows, DSM-V may cause that to be retooled.
Media not directly supported - only 3rd party hosting - no YT link as featured on other sites.
No 'buddy list' - doesn't have to be published but it'd be nice to see when members are online.
Just a personal "ism" but sometimes it feels like the 22-year-olds that make up 80% of the members have their stuff together more than me.
Threads get buried fast and I'll have to scan 2 pages back and read through to get caught up.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 9:05 am

Like:
- Some like-minded sentiments.
- Diversity.
- The fact that some discussions are of far better quality than those on other sites.

Dislike:
- The use racist or sexist language by some users.
- People who think they are quite the comedian (especially people who say "I'm so funny" or anything of the like). If someone's funny, they shouldn't feel compelled to tell others how comical they are; it should be implied by others' responses.
- How some people call others racists, Republicans, liars, etc the moment they type something contrary to their beliefs. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are a lying, racist Republican. :lol:
- People who think only their views are right/they are the only ones capable of being honest. Anyone else who has evidence to debunk their claims is the liar for some odd reason.
- People who whine about every minor issue (this applies to every human on the face of earth), often trivializing serious problems others face (like life-threatening illnesses, starvation and genocide).
- People who seem to have a knack for linking everything to ASDs. Seriously, liking pizza isn't a symptom of an ASD.
- Posts about the same topics. Why can't people just rouse the original thread from its slumber?
- Cliques (though these exist in every facet of life).

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:31 pm

like:
met bucephalus here (i have moved over 4000 km and live in a flat with him :D )
met many true friends here, made connections
learnt about myself and other people on the site
became more thick-skinned from being a moderator (oooooo the insults :lol: )

dislike:
site owner is mostly absent
site software is out-of-date
people forget that the site is populated by other human beings

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

Uprising wrote:
I dislike the extreme bandwagon behaviour of some posters.

Yeah! Yeah!! MEE TOO!

Oh. Wait...

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...