scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 1972 of 2211 [ 35371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975 ... 2211  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 3:30 am

there is something hypnotically edifying about being in a cathedral listening to massed choirs or pipe organ [especially antiphonal pipes].

Aisling
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2019, 4:08 am

I'm a fair -1 today. Not quite in the depths but pissed off. I am basically my sister's carer and I have no time for myself and I'm always cookin coookin coooooooooooookin or cleaning or something else that takes my precious time. I slept bad last night, this cannot be my life....no one gives a s**t how I feel

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 8:13 pm

widower wrote:
Jakki wrote:
widower wrote:
About a minus 7, i don't recall ever feeling so low. I'm on the edge of tears all the time, i don't know how to begin fix the problems in my personality. I'm remote, withdrawn, clingy, not a good combination, no wonder everyone runs a mile. Because I'm so good at using humour as a self defense barrier for 'social situations', no one has any idea of what is behind the mask.

I'm bouncing between 'hello darkness my old friend' and 'i don't need no arms around me'.

I see this ! Music survived me into my late teenage years,that simon & garfunkel tune was practically a mantra for me ...... at that time , had no knowledge that there was remotely a difference in personality types .
You would have thought me, crazy then too . Just because.
Huggz widower.

Hi Jakki
Comforting to find someone actually heard me. Thankyou. 'Music survived me' is an odd phrase, do you mean music helped you survive? I think there may be something in this, and maybe I need to be working on a list of upbeat music to improve my outlook. Suggestions welcome, anyone?
W

Often my diction is a oddity . Music. Helped me get through some early ,
Absolutely insane periods of my upbringing . I understand dysfunctional, but this was truley abberant behaviour on the part of my birth family.
Family did not fall apart , it dissolved ..to this , i may try to forgive , but prolly never get real understands .
So glad you found something to help get you through. :)

where ever you go ,there you are

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 9:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:
for us outliers, it generally hurts like hell to be forced to do everything alone, until one learns to love the reflection in the mirror at which point everybody else becomes irrelevant. so to loneliness, too, there comes an end. in my early years i found some comfort from this bit of prose -

To the Loneliest One

There is in certain living souls
A quality of loneliness unspeakable
So great it must be shared
As company is shared by lesser beings.
Such a loneliness is mine; so know by this
That in immensity
There is one lonelier than you.

Perhaps in the end, all that matters is this: that even to loneliness, there is an end."

[Theodore Sturgeon- 1918-1985]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 10:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

:pr: :pl: :D :heart:

widower
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2019, 10:29 am

Absolutely insane periods of my upbringing . I understand dysfunctional, but this was truley abberant behaviour on the part of my birth family.
Family did not fall apart , it dissolved ..to this , i may try to forgive , but prolly never get real understands .
So glad you found something to help get you through. :)[/quote]

Hi Jakki

Congrats on surviving. I don't think I can blame my family for anything really. I have pretty much stopped speaking to them, one by one, over the years for various reasons, but objectively, probably it was usually my fault more than theirs.

On the music topic, I'm finding it slow going to come up with upbeat tracks that I already like, I only have 'Reasons to be Cheerful' and 'Good Vibrations' so far. what can you add?
W

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 11:16 am

widower wrote:
So glad you found something to help get you through. :)

Hi Jakki

Congrats on surviving. I don't think I can blame my family for anything really. I have pretty much stopped speaking to them, one by one, over the years for various reasons, but objectively, probably it was usually my fault more than theirs.

On the music topic, I'm finding it slow going to come up with upbeat tracks that I already like, I only have 'Reasons to be Cheerful' and 'Good Vibrations' so far. what can you add?
W[/quote]

Thats a tough question ? So many varied tastes in music, and time you may have grown up in? Having said that , and not worrying about sounding weird here . Tastes in music might be helpful,? Genres, ?
Try "help is on the way" or title maybe "hang on help is on the way" BY
The Little River band. .
If classical , kinda basic is "The WilliamTell Overture" or the 1812 Overture.
"The Blue Danube" . Also" Beethovens 5th" these have no lyrics. More upbeat.

A song called "Fly like a Eagle" artist name eludes me just now . Especially the ending .. almost alternative reality frame of mind although.
"Leaving LasVegas" more current , step forward to immediate , " bad guy" by Billy Eilish .
Not all tastes fit everyone. There are many others from time frame of those earlier rock and roll . These are just off the top of my head.

where ever you go ,there you are

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 7:39 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Since no one cares about me I won’t bother explaining anymore.

Dragon hugs (((((sly279))))) I often don't say anything because I don't feel like I can be helpful or anything, but I do care about you and hope that you can find some sort of happiness in your life.

Hugs. How are you doing?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 7:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Dragon hugs (((((sly279))))) I often don't say anything because I don't feel like I can be helpful or anything, but I do care about you and hope that you can find some sort of happiness in your life.

Hugs. How are you doing?

I'm doing pretty well. My therapist suggested a place where I can have my own apartment and still get the help I need in everyday life, and I'm presently trying to apply for that, but first I have to apply for Medicare, so I'm going through lots of paperwork and waiting, but I'm excited about what the end results will be, if everything goes well. The program will also help me find and get a job I can handle, once I'm in a position where I can work.

I'd say I'm about at a +3 right now.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 7:57 pm

I'm really happy and hopeful for you d&d. Fingers crossed.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 8:18 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
sly279 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Hugs. How are you doing?

I'm doing pretty well. My therapist suggested a place where I can have my own apartment and still get the help I need in everyday life, and I'm presently trying to apply for that, but first I have to apply for Medicare, so I'm going through lots of paperwork and waiting, but I'm excited about what the end results will be, if everything goes well. The program will also help me find and get a job I can handle, once I'm in a position where I can work.

I'd say I'm about at a +3 right now.

medicaid. and i'm glad things are looking up for you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm

.1 - the "decluttr" store on ebay keeps sending me the wrong stuff. :|

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 9:17 pm

+10

Because I'm having a wee thing with ferris in pms and it's just brilliant, love like this is rare.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 9:18 pm

widower
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Oct 2019, 4:43 am

Fab, thankyou, I'll listen to them both, with a view to creating a +ve playlist.
W