scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2101 of 2211 [ 35372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2098, 2099, 2100, 2101, 2102, 2103, 2104 ... 2211  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 4:22 pm

-9.5 My body really, really needs to quit pretending something’s wrong when it isn’t (well enough to convince doctors that I need expensive tests done, before I have a clue what might be indicated).

I’m honestly astonished that the lymphoma actually showed up on any test, but it did take several years of developing and still a negative CT scan, ultrasound, and core biopsy :roll:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:53 pm

Sadness is becoming anger. To those who turned on me simply for having emotions: f**k you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:22 pm

-3.5. hip hurts in a manner challenging to distract myself from.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:00 am

It hurts to be ignored by people who used to say they were in your corner and have stopped responding to you for no explicable reason.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 10:01 am

Cousin commit suicide yesterday, unable to sleep as a result, using WP to distract myself from the pain, and feeling empty inside. This is my 2nd cousin who commit suicide in the span of 2 years. The reason why im not at a -10 is because I recently signed up for piano lessons and hope to see where that takes me.

Master Oogway

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 10:30 am

((( Hugs Salad )))

This must be a very difficult time for you and your family. I'm grateful that you've been able to find a positive outlet like piano lessons, and I hope you'll enjoy them.

My condolences to you all, and especially his parents.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:16 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
((( Hugs Salad )))

This must be a very difficult time for you and your family. I'm grateful that you've been able to find a positive outlet like piano lessons, and I hope you'll enjoy them.

My condolences to you all, and especially his parents.

Thank you. You're one of the few people who when you offer prayers I dont take offense and enjoy it, because your prayers seems genuine and it actually offers consolation and healing.

Theres many instruments to choose from, but something about the piano stuck with me. Its range of emotional depth and expressive versatility seems so potent, and it seems the perfect conduit to process all of these emotions inside of me.

His parents are actually in the hospital and themselves fainted due to the emotional trauma....

Master Oogway

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:53 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:52 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

What happened? :?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:40 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Are you feeling better now, Aunt Blabby?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:36 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

sorry my brother, but i'm feeling worse, just came home from Physical Therapy [am going along with it even though it was supposed to come AFTER the surgery], very sore.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

sorry my brother, but i'm feeling worse, just came home from Physical Therapy [am going along with it even though it was supposed to come AFTER the surgery], very sore.

That's awful.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's awful.

yeh, that's what I said :o

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 1:52 am

Marknis wrote:

It hurts to be ignored by people who used to say they were in your corner and have stopped responding to you for no explicable reason.

I hope I’m not one of those people, if so I’m certainly not doing it intentionally, I’m just feeling reclusive and can’t even support myself right now, let alone anyone else. I haven’t been online much recently, entirely possible I missed things, I haven’t been deliberately ignoring.

Offering more dragon hugs, I at least have plenty of those to give. And I can say that even if I’m not good at showing it, I do still care.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 2:07 am

-5 Meh, feeling too detached to feel horrible, I guess that’s something, maybe?

Hung up on all the weight I’ve gained from chemo, and how diet changes and exercise aren’t making one bit of difference. Been keeping it up roughly since the beginning of the year, and, well, still keeping it up, haven’t lost an ounce (though it’s really how I look that bothers me, not the numbers on the scale - and that hasn’t improved any, either). But I’m tenacious, I still do it. If nothing else, I can at least point to all the things I’m supposedly doing right, tips I’m following, and mistakes I’m not making and say that no, it really isn’t my own dang fault.

Depression’s also getting bad again, independent of that, though I’m sure that doesn’t help any. I wish I’d just done the deed before chemo.