You know maybe this election has an upside.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

DiscardedWhisper wrote:
Maybe the GOP needs to die out and take their archaic BS with them.

Then us Libertarians can get in there and start fixing everything the progressives and the Dems have been f***ing up for the last century.

If Randroids were in charge of America it would tear itself apart.

Have you played bioshock?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 2:45 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Really? We're presenting video game story lines to support our political views now?

Also, while influential among some, Ayn Rand is not the guiding figure to libertarians that people with superficial knowledge of the philosophy often assume her to be. I personally didn't even know who she was until I kept being accused of being a follower when discussing my political views. This is not an uncommon event for young libertarians.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 2:47 pm

Dox47 wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Really? We're presenting video game story lines to support our political views now?

Also, while influential among some, Ayn Rand is not the guiding figure to libertarians that people with superficial knowledge of the philosophy often assume her to be. I personally didn't even know who she was until I kept being accused of being a follower when discussing my political views. This is not an uncommon event for young libertarians.

The leading Objectivists have crapped all over the Libertarians.

ruveyn

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The leading Objectivists have crapped all over the Libertarians.

ruveyn

A fact often lost on drive by posting left wing types, it would seem. Objectivists definitely fall into the "with friends like these" category for libertarians as a whole, as people ignorantly think we're one and the same when the truth is they hold very different beliefs than mainstream libertarians; it would be like conflating all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church. There is some overlap of course, but everyone has a few nutty squirrels in their political attic.