Why do so many people think that abortion is acceptable?

Page 10 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,991
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

08 Nov 2015, 6:31 pm

Barchan wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Life begins at conception.


And the sun orbits the Earth, amirite?


Oh, and I'm also Retarded, am I right?


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,991
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

08 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

And the sky is green and I look like Ray Davies.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Age: 1932
Posts: 275

08 Nov 2015, 6:55 pm

wilburforce wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm done with this thread. It just keeps going around in circles.


Good, because I really don't appreciate being told how immoral I am for how I would have dealt with my rape if I had ended up being pregnant from it. I am not the immoral one who might have made me pregnant when I dindn't want to be pregnant--MY RAPIST IS THE IMMORAL ONE, I WAS JUST DEALING WITH THE FALLOUT HE LEFT ME WITH.

So yeah, bye Mr. Judgy McJudgerton.


Reading and posting on message boards may expose you to opinions you don't appreciate.

Forums are for discussion, not validation of your opinions in a comfortable echo chamber.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,846
Location: Houston, Texas

08 Nov 2015, 7:44 pm

wilburforce wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm done with this thread. It just keeps going around in circles.


Good, because I really don't appreciate being told how immoral I am for how I would have dealt with my rape if I had ended up being pregnant from it. I am not the immoral one who might have made me pregnant when I dindn't want to be pregnant--MY RAPIST IS THE IMMORAL ONE, I WAS JUST DEALING WITH THE FALLOUT HE LEFT ME WITH.

So yeah, bye Mr. Judgy McJudgerton.


CockneyRebel is female.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 32
Posts: 1,340
Location: England

08 Nov 2015, 7:52 pm

Quote:
Until you have a working womb and need to think about these things from a real personal and informed perspective rather than an uninformed perspective, your opinion is irrelevant, thankfully.


I think I have already covered this. I don't need a womb or personal experience with abortion to be able to think about the morality of this topic. It's like saying, unless you have been murdered, committed a murder or held a murder victims hand in their last moments, your opinions on murder are irrelevant. If the experience of those who do grants them obviously superior, infallible morality and logic, let them state their opinions and blow me of out the water. I can take it, if I am shown to be wrong I will make a generous retreat and thank my opponent for educating me.

Quote:
The laws will never again be on your side in any sane country.


This is off topic but the cultural revolution of the 60s is what lead to the legalisation of all but unlimited abortion. There is no reason another cultural revolution will not occur and lead to its banning.

Quote:
Women won't allow them to change, and we have more political power than we've ever had in the past, so get used to it.


A certain type of woman. You infer that no woman could possibly share my opinion, you'd be wrong.

Quote:
Abortion isn't going anywhere, so arguing against it is so pointless and a waste of your time and energy.


If that's true there is no harm done in discussing it. It's my time to waste.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.

And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,991
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

08 Nov 2015, 9:13 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm done with this thread. It just keeps going around in circles.


Good, because I really don't appreciate being told how immoral I am for how I would have dealt with my rape if I had ended up being pregnant from it. I am not the immoral one who might have made me pregnant when I dindn't want to be pregnant--MY RAPIST IS THE IMMORAL ONE, I WAS JUST DEALING WITH THE FALLOUT HE LEFT ME WITH.

So yeah, bye Mr. Judgy McJudgerton.


CockneyRebel is female.
.

Biologically, yes though I identify as male.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Last edited by CockneyRebel on 08 Nov 2015, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,991
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

08 Nov 2015, 9:29 pm

I've also never told anybody in this thread what to do with their bodies. The things that I've mentioned are also scientific facts. Also, cells need to be alive to multiply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy ... meline.png

I also don't play God.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 695

09 Nov 2015, 2:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Oh, and I'm also R*******, am I right?


Don't put words in my mouth. Having a scientifically-unfounded opinion doesn't make anyone "r*******", it just means they haven't done the research.

also don't use that word please



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,991
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

09 Nov 2015, 7:09 am

Barchan wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Oh, and I'm also R*******, am I right?


Don't put words in my mouth. Having a scientifically-unfounded opinion doesn't make anyone "r*******", it just means they haven't done the research.

also don't use that word please


I apologize. I was having an off day.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 1,887

16 Nov 2015, 8:19 pm

Quote:
But either way, if you make one exception for abortion than really, you're saying the medical procedure of abortion itself is OK. It's just you don't think women ourselves actually have the right to choose an abortion,and thus iltimately be able to make choices about our own lives and health. We need Very Moral Men like you to decide when it might be OK for us to have an abortion--like if we might die. How gracious of you! Buuuuuut giving that ANY pregnancy can be life-treatening because pregnancy is inherently a risky biological event, I wonder where we are suppose to draw the line? Any OB-Gyn will tell you you can't actually know when a woman "might die" from a pregancy until she actually has died, and then,whoops, it's a little too late your crusading moralizing! What a pickle!


Is it true that you can't actually know when a woman might die from a pregnancy until she has actually died?



Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,820
Location: S.F Bay Area

16 Nov 2015, 10:09 pm

NewTime wrote:
Quote:
But either way, if you make one exception for abortion than really, you're saying the medical procedure of abortion itself is OK. It's just you don't think women ourselves actually have the right to choose an abortion,and thus iltimately be able to make choices about our own lives and health. We need Very Moral Men like you to decide when it might be OK for us to have an abortion--like if we might die. How gracious of you! Buuuuuut giving that ANY pregnancy can be life-treatening because pregnancy is inherently a risky biological event, I wonder where we are suppose to draw the line? Any OB-Gyn will tell you you can't actually know when a woman "might die" from a pregancy until she actually has died, and then,whoops, it's a little too late your crusading moralizing! What a pickle!


Is it true that you can't actually know when a woman might die from a pregnancy until she has actually died?


Almost happened to us, so...yeah.

If we hadn't gone in to see what was wrong the day we did, it's likely my wife wouldn't have woken up the next morning, or maybe the one after that. We lost the fetus - had actually lost it weeks earlier and didn't know it - but her body kept trying to keep it 'alive' despite it poisoning her. If they hadn't had had experienced caregivers who had the practiced skill to perform a D&C (abortion), my spouse would be dead now and our later beautiful, wonderful children would never have been born.


_________________
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”
―Carl Sagan