Musicians/singers/artist that you hate and blacklist

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:22 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Somehow I can't stand Anthony Kiedis's voice anymore.

THANK YOU!

I know this post is old but I've always felt like the only person on the planet that didn't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I can't even stand their early stuff. It makes me homicidal.

I've always blacklisted Radiohead on principle. I probably wouldn't hate them as much if I tried to listen to them now (though I don't think I'd like them). The reason I blacklist them is because when I was a teenager, they were like the prog rock bores of the day and hating them seemed like the 'punk' thing to do. Radiohead is one of the few things in my life I'm stubborn about. I've changed my mind about everything else I thought as a teenager, but I'm holding on to my dislike of Radiohead.

I hate Coldplay, but then that's not exactly uncommon.

I hate drum and bass as a genre because it was all anyone listened to at uni. It's music for rich kids, which I definitely was not.

I hate music that's made for stoners. Not necessarily music by stoners - some of that's okay.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:25 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Robbie Williams.

I like Robbie Williams. He recently worked with Mexican popstar and one of my favorite singers Thalia in her new album Habitame Siempre. Neil Hannon from one of my favorite bands Divine Comedy worked with Robbie Williams in his song No Regrets.

Yeah, I like him too. Don't quote me on that.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 11:14 pm

Hate a musician because you don't like or identify with their music?

Or, hate a musician because of something they did as a person?

Well I think Gary Glitter's music is ok. I'm not a fan, but I don't hate it.

On the other hand, him as a person....

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 7:41 am

I forgot to add a few more.

Carrie Underwood
Ke$ha

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2013, 8:22 am

Well, I don't buy music anymore so it doesn't matter, I just listen to what I like.

I do however feel that all Hoobastank albums and merchandise should be illegal everywhere where there is civilization. It should all be gathered together into a pile in the Nevada desert and then buried by millions of gallons of toxic waste. :x It would be one thing if there was any story or meaning behind that band name...there isn't. :roll: It was the worst name ever and the stupid band members were so stupid they thought it sounded great. It didn't, it sounds worse than their putrid songs. :x

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 8:33 am

Personally I dont hate someone, because he produces music that I dont like. So I dont feel myself as king of the world and others to be my slaves, so why should I be angry at someone, that produces music he likes, instead of music I like. If I was musician I also would think it to be more important, that I like my music myself. :) And not everyone can have my music taste, but thats no cause for anyone to hate me.

So all these "Justin Timberlain or Bieber (or whatever) shall diediedie and all fans of them are dumbdumbdumb..." comments on youtube, I really hate. I mean the comment page of an Iron Maiden song is to tell each other, what you think about that Iron Maiden song, and not to tell each other your oppinion about an song or artist that isnt linked in any way to the song I am listening right now. I mean I cant see an connection between Justin Bieber and Bands that perform european orchestral speed metal, so why are 50% of the comments about him or other artists in this way? If I listen to Blind Guardian, I wanna read about blind guardian, if I listen to Rhapsody, I wanna read about Rhapsody and not some Kindergarten rhymes about someone else that have been posted on thousand other non fitting videos anyway. I mean people complain about singers and their missing creativity in the eyes of that posters, by posting noncreative rhymes that already have been posted 1.000.000. Thats simple spam for me and it sucks.

If I boycott singers or artists, then because of their personal oppinion. As example Chris Brown because of beating his girlfriend which is a Nogo, Rihanna because of being a wrong role model for woman when she keeps on a relationship with a partner that has beaten her once which is also a Nogo as well, general all kinds of groups that are trying to enlarge hate, discriminatory or prejudices in their listeners, or artists that promote groups that are based on deceiving and cheating like Scientology (Becks, ...) I also do not like artists that were parts of successful bands and groups and try to focus the efforts of their success as a band or a group on their own single person. So as example Prince normally produces and creates his songs alone and used studio musicians for recording and concerts. So its ok for me, when he is talking about his success. But these typical frontsingers of a band, that are part of a group that is based on the gathered creativity of the group, who think its everything about them and that parts from their groups and tell everyone how useless these others were and that he "is the band".... Sorry. So the instrumental part is, depending on the song, very important for me, so singing is just an instrument for me as are the others.

But I dont hate them in the way that I want to harm them, I simply dont listen to them or their music. (Or their films if they are main actors, when its about to scientology. Sorry Tom Cruise and "Fresh Prince" whose name I dont remember. ^^ The only exception is Pulp Fiction with John Travolta. The film is to good, so even John Travolta and Scientology cant ruin it. ^^)

I also dont agree with that "This and that is no music or is all the same." stuff. If you are not into a kind of music, then differences that can be very important, wont be obvious for you, because music has many layers. If you are not ordinary listening to a kind of music, you will only hear the upper layers. So as example, we were invited to a friend that is more into some kind of Techno. (I think he dont call it like that. ^^) So normally we are not into that kind of music, so he explained us, when they changed the music, so some songs were called "Goa", others "acid", others "trance", "dreamtrance"... and knows hell what. So I really couldnt hear that differences, so some songs were nice, some not so nice, after this party I only can say that songs that are called to be "Goa" have a higher chance, that I like them, so it seems to have more sounds for chilling, but if I listened to them I couldnt separate which style this and that song was. So for me its everything somehow "some kind of electronic music".

On the other side, I like listening to very different styles of metals. I prefer songs that are fast, powerful, and full of different harmonies that match together, but there are some slow songs as well I like and so on. If I hear a song, because of hearing these music so often its normal for me to hear not only the outer layers, but to dip into it and hear the deeper hidden layers as well. One day I talked with my sister about music and she told me that she couldnt separate or hear a difference between all those styles, because its everything somehow "some kind of music with guitars, a drum, and someone screaming". XD Which remembered me of the situation when I thought about Techno and all the separate groups, I couldnt separate as well, but because of not being used to it it was simply "some kind of electronic music".

So from my point, I dont judge a music style, that I am not used listening to it. So I dont like rap as example, simply because I miss the singing, and the additional harmonies. But that doesnt mean its bad, or that it wouldnt be music. Its simply music, I am not used to, so I am not able to hear the deeper layers of it. I see no use in judging a music, I cannot even listen completely.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

Anyone who supports Rush Limbaugh, along with "deathcore" bands, Burzum, Stallaggh, Nicki Minaj and reggae. Reggae has good lyrics occasionally, but it is such a banal genre often.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 7:33 am

SanityTheorist wrote:
Anyone who supports Rush Limbaugh, along with "deathcore" bands, Burzum, Stallaggh, Nicki Minaj and reggae. Reggae has good lyrics occasionally, but it is such a banal genre often.

WHY OH WHY was Nicki Minaj chosen to be one of the American Idol's judges? :roll:

What's this thing about trying to execute Justin Bieber? :?:

I thought rap artists are more at risk of death threats. :?:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:05 am

Hmm...here's my ideal American Idol judge list:

Mikael Akerfeldt (great singer growls; Opeth)
Corey Taylor (huge range and is open minded; Slipknot and Stone Sour)
Sahaj Ticotin (Amazing singer with a world record; Ra and Sahaj)

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

Don't see the point. If I don't like something I simply don't listen to it.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 12:18 am

Someone who is under a LWOPP sentence in Arizona somehow has the wherewithal to convince some people on the outside to begin work to capture Bieber, strangle him and remove his genitals with hedge clippers. This was a big story last November. Just the other day, he announced that though the hedge clipper gang was caught, his plans for Bieber are "still on" and he mentioned Chinese gangsters as well as a bomb plot against Bieber. I wonder how someone in the Big House like that can pay people to do this but there you have it. He claims that a simple meeting with Bieber would appease him and cause him to stop. He says he is angry that Bieber has changed and is acting like Vanilla Ice. As far as I'm concerned, he is executing his own career with his antics... Vanilla Ice's certainly did melt away.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2013, 11:39 pm

Nicki Minaj
Justin Bieber
Skrillex

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 11:42 am

It seems there are criminal charges pending against Bieber for having spat on a neighbour. Also he tried to smuggle a monkey into Germany. Also he caused someone's death, or more precisely his misdeeds lured a photographer to a place where the police caused his death... and Bieber celebrated having helped cause that death. Bieber should be deported over the spitting as say I wanted to tour the US and I walked down the street and got kettled and mass arrested as has happened repeatedly this month here and this time they charge me with the non-crime of Unlawful Assembly, I'd be banned from the US for life even if not convicted. Surely spitting on people is worse than walking down the street at the wrong time!

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

My blacklist includes:
--99.5% of rap artists
--Beyoncé
--Justin Bieber
--Green Day
--Britney Spears

JeffDmetalgod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm

Most rap/hip hop, numetal, most recent country, anything related to reality tv.Nickelback, Godsmack, Creed, slipknot, pearl jam.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

JeffDmetalgod wrote:
Most rap/hip hop, numetal, most recent country, anything related to reality tv.Nickelback, Godsmack, Creed, slipknot, pearl jam.

Bieber, most modern artists and bands in the pop world, Miley Cyrus, most country and western acts (save maybe Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, SR, Hank Snow, Porter Waggoner, and Johnny Cash).