Has anybody gotten in trouble for pointing out the truth.

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 7:42 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I offend people by saying things that they don't want to hear.

They'll live

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 6:13 am

Yes, constantly, and it's very frustrating. Evidently people don't like to be called out for being wrong about anything, and they'll invariably get angry and argue if anyone ever challenges them. :roll:

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

DJFester wrote:
Yes, constantly, and it's very frustrating. Evidently people don't like to be called out for being wrong about anything, and they'll invariably get angry and argue if anyone ever challenges them. :roll:

I'm only now starting to understand why several people started hating me for no apparent reason. I will point out with evidence (i.e. using a reliable source like a rulebook or encyclopaedia) how someone is wrong and they will get mad and will never accept they were mistaken, even if the evidence is undeniable and will continue to argue. This especially frustrated me as a child when I would point out the teacher was wrong using proof (i.e. Egypt is NOT in Asia). Apparently "experts" don't like to be told they aren't perfect as I was still marked wrong on a test and nobody would back me up since apparently you aren't supposed to question a teacher as a child. Ridiculous!

Scaurie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2012, 10:52 am

DJFester wrote:

This. I don't understand people, is what I find myself thinking so often. Instead of being angry about being wrong why don't you put that energy into learning a better/more correct way or finding out the truth? As a strange double standard, society also values people who "bounce back", and I find this rather disturbing.

Neurotypicals and their illogical ways. Shrug, shrug.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
DJFester wrote:

I'm only now starting to understand why several people started hating me for no apparent reason. I will point out with evidence (i.e. using a reliable source like a rulebook or encyclopaedia) how someone is wrong and they will get mad and will never accept they were mistaken, even if the evidence is undeniable and will continue to argue. This especially frustrated me as a child when I would point out the teacher was wrong using proof (i.e. Egypt is NOT in Asia). Apparently "experts" don't like to be told they aren't perfect as I was still marked wrong on a test and nobody would back me up since apparently you aren't supposed to question a teacher as a child. Ridiculous!

I can relate entirely to the questioning teachers.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

When have I not gotten into hot water for pointing out the truth?