Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 6:20 pm

Am I the only one who thinks val kilmer aka batman might have AS? He comes across as eccentric in some of his interviews.

What do u think?

[email protected]
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2021, 10:55 am

I think so.

His being so handsome seemed to have caused the world to look past the many signs of aspergers. Looks are money in Hollywood. So if your appearance is beautiful, you are assumed to have the whole package. We are an iconoclast society.

Just a few characteristics I noticed…
Self absorbed
Lacks ability to pick up on social cues
Trouble keeping friendships
Single focus
Lack of empathy

Just my opinion - I have zero credentials in this area.

My heart goes out to him & his family. All seem very sweet & loving.

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2021, 7:50 am

Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks val kilmer aka batman might have AS? He comes across as eccentric in some of his interviews.

What do u think?

I see it!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 8:03 am

I see only a B-grade actor with an attitude problem; nothing more.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 7:48 pm

Maybe. How does his personality and behavior stack up against actors actually diagnosed as being on the spectrum, such as Vincent DeNofrio, Crispin Glover, and Daryl Hannah?

[email protected]
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2021, 1:16 am

Great question!
It would be easier to compare/contrast these actors if they had created a documentary all about themselves like Val Kilmer did. They did not, so I resorted to google to learn a bit about them.
I do not know who the Victor guy is, sorry. I did look up the other guy. He was in back to the future. I did not see that movie, but I do remember watching a show about the making of that movie. He was difficult to work with according to the show, similar to Val Kilmer.
However, he did not have Val Kilmer’s gorgeous looks. Also similar to Val Kilmer, he cut & pasted together collages.
Daryl Hannah dated Val Kilmer for a brief time. They met on a movie.
Interesting!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 1:21 am

Great question!
It would be easier to compare/contrast these actors if they had created a documentary all about themselves like Val Kilmer did. They did not, so I resorted to google to learn a bit about them.
I do not know who the Victor guy is, sorry. I did look up the other guy. He was in back to the future. I did not see that movie, but I do remember watching a show about the making of that movie. He was difficult to work with according to the show, similar to Val Kilmer.
However, he did not have Val Kilmer’s gorgeous looks. Also similar to Val Kilmer, he cut & pasted together collages.
Daryl Hannah dated Val Kilmer for a brief time. They met on a movie.
Interesting!

Victor? Do you mean Vincent DeNafrio?

[email protected]
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2021, 7:38 am

Yes-oops. I did not know who he was. I looked up his shows, but know nothing about him.

Also on autism spectrum…
Courtney Love
Peter Tork
Marty Balin
Dan Harmon
Dan Akroyd
Tim Burton

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:37 am

I would add Quentin Tarantino to that list. He's technically not really an actor, but he was in dusk till dawn co-staring with mr. val-jim-bruce-morrison-wayne-kilmers replacement.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 9:23 am

Yes-oops. I did not know who he was. I looked up his shows, but know nothing about him.

Also on autism spectrum…
Courtney Love
Peter Tork
Marty Balin
Dan Harmon
Dan Akroyd
Tim Burton

Courtney Love - Diagnosed at age 9

Peter Tork - In 2008 said he recently discovered he is an aspie. What this discovery process was is unknown. Make of it what you will.

Marty Balin - No evidence. Some internet claims that he was diagnosed as a child. Balin was born in 1942 which means childhood diagnosis was extremely unlikely to put it mildly.

Dan Harmon - Suspected diagnoses agreed with by a doctor. Unknown if this was a formal diagnosis. Make of it what you will.

Dan Ackroyd - Here we go again :x In 2013 claimed he was diagnosed in the early 1980s which was questionable as the Aspergers diagnosis was rare at that time. He reversed that claim in 2015. Despite that, the unquestioned belief that he is an aspie is stated continually on wrong planet. When Elon Musk came out on SNL he claimed he was the first aspie host. Musk was widely “corrected” by the mainstream and alternative media who reported that Ackroyd was first.

Tim Burton - His wife Helen Bonhem Carter saw Aspergers in him and he agreed. Make of that what you will.

This thread stared with the express purpose of speculation about celebrities neurology. While some object to this type of speculation if it is clearly stated that is what is going on I don’t have an issue. What I do have a problem with is blanket statements that so and so is an aspie sans evidence.

If you are going to speculate it would be helpful to list documented autistic traits and they should go beyond social awkwardness.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 09 Oct 2021, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 9:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe. How does his personality and behavior stack up against actors actually diagnosed as being on the spectrum, such as Vincent DeNofrio, Crispin Glover, and Daryl Hannah?

Daryl Hannah was diagnosed as a child
I have yet to find evidence about the other two.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 9:58 am

The thing with celebrities is that they are surrounded by so much contradictory hype and misreporting.

For example, Anthony Hopkins has been quoted in the press as saying that he has an Asperger's diagnosis, he has self identified with Asperger's, he thinks he had some traits of Asperger's, he thinks he might be a 'little bit' Asperger's and that he's not sure whether he had Asperger's.

Take your pick I suppose.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 6:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Daryl Hannah was diagnosed as a child
I have yet to find evidence about the other two.

I seem to recall reading how DeNofrio and Glover said they had been diagnosed later in life. DeNofrio's child is also on the spectrum.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 6:11 pm

Susan Boyle also had been diagnosed later in life, after a childhood misdiagnosis of brain damage.