Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:15 am

Anyone else pumped about this game? The new trailer is going to be out at 4pm GMT.

What we know so far
Biggest weapon arsenal and map to date.
More vehicles than San Andreas including dirtbikes, bicycles, planes, jet skis
Three protagonists with different skills
Four Endings based on choices made.
Missions centered around robberies.
Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.
Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back.
Mission types will vary among "big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family issues, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."
Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the game play.
Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".
A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet skiing, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!

Vehicles
Most vehicles in a GTA game to date, including - but not limited to:
BMX
Mountain Bikes
Road Bikes
Dirt bikes
Planes
Variety of cars and trucks
Helicopters
ATVs
Jet Skis

Locations
GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined!
Fully explorable Mount Chiliad
A military base
Salton Sea region
Wine country
Wilderness
Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:34 am

The character switching mechanic sounds interesting, and if used well could be awesome and lend a lot of replay value.

Also I love open world games with large maps, so hearing that the total combined interior and exterior environments is larger than Rockstar's last three games combined, is pretty impressive.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:40 am

I've been thinking of it; never played a game in the series before.

The open-worldness of it all sounds amazing; but for now Persona 4 Golden will saturate my gaming needs for a long time when it comes out on the 20th.

Analouge: A hate story also seems interesting...

Maybe I'll get this; but probably not on release.

Author/Writer

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:29 am

San Andreas was, in my opinion, an amazing game. So was GTA IV (which I actually only bought just recently. So I'll be picking this up.

They really should just change the name of the series to "Stress Relief" though.

You will reap what you've sown.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:57 am

I'm really annoyed with RockStar. After LA Noire (Most horrible game I ever played) and the continual teasing , without any release date to when this damn game comes out... I'm fed up.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

New trailer is out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZaIIJsL4Q[/youtube]

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

Looks good. I hope this GTA adopts some of the streamlining modifications to the open world formula that have been made by other similar series since GTA IV was released.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

Are all 3 San Andreas cities included?

Can't wait to take to the skies properly again.....

HammorHorror
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

thomas81 wrote:
Are all 3 San Andreas cities included?

Can't wait to take to the skies properly again.....

The only city will be Los Santos.

However the world map will be bigger than San Andreas and GTA IV combined.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 1:25 pm

Well I consider San Andreas to be the best video game ever made and while I was a bit disappointed in GTA 4, this game looks like it could be the best on the 360 and PS3 library. We'll see I suppose!

Watilla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2012, 8:45 pm

Looking forward to the side stuff. A full golf course sounds good to me. Also looking forward to all the different types of vehicles.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 3:25 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Well I consider San Andreas to be the best video game ever made and while I was a bit disappointed in GTA 4, this game looks like it could be the best on the 360 and PS3 library. We'll see I suppose!

GTA: San Andreas needs an HD remake for the PS3 with trophy support, etc. I'd like to play through it again.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

I guess I can give up hope for another game set in the near-future world of GTA2.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 3:10 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:

Rockstar said themselves they couldn't implement everything they had wanted into GTA IV because they didn't have enough time before launch and it was their first time using the RAGE engine.

Midnight Club Los Angeles uses the rage engine so I wonder if the driving physics will be based on them. I must say the GTA V screens look similar to Midnight Club Los Angeles. Max Payne 3 uses the RAGE engine as well and it is worth checking out to see what Rockstar are now capable of doing with it.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 3:24 am

Well they did have this to say about the driving mechanics in GTA V vs. GTA IV.

Quote:
Describing the way driving will feel in “GTA 5,” Dan Houser states that “the cars hold to the ground a bit better. We thought they were big and boatlike in GTA IV, and we feel like it has really leaped forward because we're able to run a little more physics on them. There are not a lot of high level racing games out there at the moment, and that itch is going to be scratched by this game in a way maybe it hasn't been in previous GTAs.”

Which certainly sounds good to me, I love open world driving games, and having good driving physics in GTA V would give me that feel. My favorite is still Midtown Madness 3, man I spent so many hours on Xbox Live playing that.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 2:55 am

eelektrik wrote:
Well they did have this to say about the driving mechanics in GTA V vs. GTA IV.

Quote:
Describing the way driving will feel in “GTA 5,” Dan Houser states that “the cars hold to the ground a bit better. We thought they were big and boatlike in GTA IV, and we feel like it has really leaped forward because we're able to run a little more physics on them. There are not a lot of high level racing games out there at the moment, and that itch is going to be scratched by this game in a way maybe it hasn't been in previous GTAs.”

Which certainly sounds good to me, I love open world driving games, and having good driving physics in GTA V would give me that feel. My favorite is still Midtown Madness 3, man I spent so many hours on Xbox Live playing that.

I'll be grateful if GTA V has fixed driving mechanics, interesting missions and better characters than GTA IV. I will say that GTA IV did have good production values, the map design is great, the shooting mechanics and even some of missions were fun as such as the bank robbery but I just felt that the pacing of the story wasn't right.

I found that the Lost & Damned had much better pacing and they captured a certain atmosphere. The Ballad of Gay Tony also captured another side of Liberty City and had better activities, weapons, missions and mini games.