Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sylanor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Nov 2012, 6:58 am

Personally i think GTA IV did just about everything right except airplanes. The driving mechanics are the best i ever seen, with cars reacting more like boats you get the idea you are actually driving a vehicle and that it is not easy. Not unlike other games where you reach 200 km per hour in a split second.

I'm just not sure if sticking so rigidly with Rockstars protagonists is the right way to go, even though the game is going to be great i can't stop wondering what a jewel it would have been if it had the character system of Saints Row. Thats something Volition will always do better than Rockstar because Rockstar won't even consider it.

Great, a story about a old man and how he turns to crime. It could have been any story in existence if a character creator was there. Now i'm not saying the story sounds whack, i'm sure it's going to be good i just don't like being forced to care about a specific character. Although i must say San Andreas and GTA IV did a miracle as i am never ever forgetting Carl Johnson and Niko Bellic

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 1:43 pm

If you want a good example about how a story can be improved by not letting players design their own character, go play Planescape: Torment. Unlike most western RPGs, particularly D&D based one, Planescape did not let you customize the appearance, gender, or name of your character at all because the story was written about a specific character. It still has one of the greatest stories in any video game ever.

I see no issue with Rockstar not including character customization, because then they would have to leave out any thing in the script that specifically related to age, gender, race, etc. You can't expect someone making a young hot female to play the same story as someone making a slovenly fat old dude in clown makeup without dumbing down the story.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 11:05 pm

I think the game world is about twice the size of GTA 4, San Andreas and RDR combined. Los Santos itself is as big as the area in those 3 games. If you add the rural area, military base, Suburbs, and the Waterworld, it is nearly equal to twice that. Just a guess though, not sure exactly how big the area is.

Sylanor

05 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

That's the thing with character customization. If you want a believable story of course you shouldn't make a overweight hairy guy with clown make up on. It's in your hands and if you decide to mess it up it's not the fault of the customization. Saints Row did it flawlessly.

Did you guys know that GTA V is not for the PC? I recently found out and i'm pissed at Rockstar. Now we have to wait a whole year for it to come out, if it ever will.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 4:01 am

Regarding a PC release, they have not announced one yet but judging by previous games there will be one even if its not on the same release day. GTA 3 released 7 months later on PC, Vice City about 6 months later, San Andreas about 8 months later, and GTA IV about 7 months.

Honestly I am fine with that, or longer if the PC port is done well. The only thing worse than not getting a PC release is getting a bad PC release. Too many developers are making games for consoles first and releasing shoddy PC versions that don't include the options and settings a PC title should have or are a buggy mess that runs poorly.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzHzmvpWC0[/youtube]

The trailers make me excited for it. I think it will be game of the year.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 May 2013, 7:32 pm

Simply from the amount of content that will be in the game, this could be the best game Rockstar has ever made. Even if it doesn't live up to the hype, it will probably still be a fantastic game so there's pretty much no way I'm not getting this game at some point.