Trying to find the right approach for this situation.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

So the girl I have been seeing seems to have removed any mention of me on her facebook, anything she tagged me in is gone as well as any comments I have made on photos, as well as any posts I liked. She is still on my friends list, and I have not been blocked, but this seemed odd to me. If you liked someone, you don't remove them from your timeline. But however, I am a reactionist type of guy and responded by doing the same with her on my profile.
When it comes to something like this, is there a way of approaching this that does not sound creepy at all? I am thinking that it isn't possible. I am wondering if she is hiding me from someone else and my mind is racing around about it a little bit. I am thinking the best approach personally is to ask her if she does enjoy my company still and wants me around. I don't want someone that believes that I can't make her happy.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

I am not an expert on FB but I know that there are settings that can be altered, boxes ticked that can remove things like tagging just like that.
Perhaps this friend has just altered her settings, wouldn't it be best to just ask her rather than worry yourself over what may or may not have happened?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:12 pm

Are the two of you currently in a relationship? If so I think it's certainly acceptable to ask. If she had removed any photos of you or something, you could say that you were looking for "such and such" picture on facebook and was wondering what happened to it. That way your request will at least sound pretty reasonable.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

I have asked. May have caused some strain just by casually bringing it up while out for dinner as for the first time in a while, she did not want to hang out further after dropping her off at her place. She didn't like me bringing it up either. She did appear to have it on her profile, but i merely hid some things on mine and still shows up in my activity log, meaning i can bring it back up in my fb if I chose to. Something about bringing it up seems to have pissed her off. But it got me to stop obsessing over it. I know now that there may not be much progress after that.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

gad.... @#$%@ head games... is honesty so dang hard??

Not much you can do at this point besides wait it out and see if she comes around.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Ok... so we had a mutual split if you want to call it that. We were seeing eachother, but not in a relationship. She once said to me that she didn't feel we were exclusive and for that reason I had to ask if she was in fact seeing someone else. She took that as insecure at first until i revealed the "non-exclusive" argument into the picture. I decided because of past experience in dealing with these kind of things that I simply remove her contact information from my phone and removed her from my facebook. I am the one that needs to move on, I feel this is fair for me. I decided to be up front with her and tell her I would not be initiating contact for a while and may actually go ahead with the Facebook deleting, seeing the facebook thing is what brought it to the boiling point. The split appeared to be on good terms.