Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:11 pm

I've spoken to many crazy people on the internet in my life. Sometime I'll find person who will say "America's birthrate is dropping! Isn't that terrible?"

Why do people think that that is terrible?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Our reproduction rates are falling, but that is mostly amongst the college educated, liberal/secular half of society. The evangelicals and catholic hispanics are reproducing at above replacement rate, and they will inherit the country when the liberal and secular die off in 50 years.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

They refer to white demographic's birth rate primarily.

World wide however, all industrialized 1st world nations (most of Europe and North America) is below 2 while 3rd world countries have birth rates of 5 to 8.

Japan as far as I know is the lowest at 1.2...but Japan is expected to become a very powerful country in 20 years when the majority of their aging population passes away and the young people suddenly find themselves with a labor shortage. That creates enormous economic growth and prosperity. They'll 'reset' to 'industrializing' levels of population growth while being one of the most modern and industrialized nations. And this will happen just as the rest of the world are burdened by the overpopulation and baby boomer retirement costs.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
Our reproduction rates are falling, but that is mostly amongst the college educated, liberal/secular half of society. The evangelicals and catholic hispanics are reproducing at above replacement rate, and they will inherit the country when the liberal and secular die off in 50 years.

In the long run the stupid irrational folk will outbreed their betters.

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 9:07 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I've spoken to many crazy people on the internet in my life. Sometime I'll find person who will say "America's birthrate is dropping! Isn't that terrible?"

Why do people think that that is terrible?

American right wingers think its terrible probably because the Chinese army will outnumber them.

Today's babies are tomorrows cannon fodder.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:

Thankfully for us liberal seculars, conservatism and religion do not necessarily breed true in a country with freedom of religion and the right to vote one's conscience.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

It about time,but I am worried.
Has any body else seen Idiotcracy?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:37 pm

Mormons are breeding quite rapidly.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm

Isn't there a spray for that?

joking.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:41 pm

LKL wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

Thankfully for us liberal seculars, conservatism and religion do not necessarily breed true in a country with freedom of religion and the right to vote one's conscience.

They're turning inwards, like a wounded animal for protection, and when you reach in there to try and bring them out of their shell, they will lash out at you.

They will be like the tea party and occupy, ideologically pure, and though many of the people who identify with them are not that bad, they will house the radicals and incubate the fringe politics that will marginalize them from the center.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

I was so hoping this topic would arise again in WP.net. I was saving this image up for the occasion:

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:51 pm

ruveyn wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

ruveyn

They've lost a beautiful chance that was never there, but could have been there. We didn't have to stay the way of Falwell. I would even bet Falwell would be happy from heaven to see his side being relevant in American life, bringing people to God, making the education system more ethical, making he legal system more ethical, and so on.

They only have the arguments for the ideologically pure. They don't have the arguments for us who defend them, like myself, to continue defending them... it's 2012 for goodness sakes, God does not will the rape or circumstance surrounding a rape, just to challenge you. This "God will never challenge you with a hurdle you can't overcome" way of thinking is total BS, and flies in the face of God's ethics.

What about the marriages that have been destroyed by the loss of a child or some other form of unjust suffering? What about Gay's who delude themselves against their sexual nature, enter ministry railing against homosexuality, only to be caught living out their true selves in the dark? No atheist can do as much damage to religion as the religious can. It makes God look stupid, I'm stuck defending something the text never suggested in the first place, and it makes us irrelevant.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 12:25 am

edit: nevermind.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 2:16 am

Because they worry about the economy. If less babies are born, there will be less people in the country and there will be a shortage of nurses or doctors or teachers, etc. Plus that means less business from people in the future and more schools would have to close down and people may lose their jobs due to less people like teaching because of lack of students. Just my guess. I am not worried about it and it doesn't mean our economy is doomed and the future. People will still keep on having babies.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Nov 2012, 7:21 am

The birthrate is still pretty good in the US altho shrinking and we have a ton of immigration. We don't have the shrinking population problem that Europe or Japan has at least not yet.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 9:13 am

ruveyn wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

ruveyn

Indeed. There is a segment of our population (and I'm not suggesting anything racial, so don't start) that is rapidly breeding in part because they get a government subsidy to breed. It's called welfare! It's the underperforming and undereducated meek that shall inherit the nation... Problem is they won't know what to do with it when they get there!

Y'know, I've always wondered: Why is it that only SMART people are using birth control???