Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

I love coffee. In fact, I am a coffee snob and proud of it. I grind my own single-origin beans every morning, and make it in a French press. I have a few cups later in the day, though not necessarily made through this method (the work coffee is not bad, actually).

Coffee makes me a little perkier. It can make me anxious, but not enough to cut back.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 7:45 pm

I already posted.
But I love coffee...and I'm about to get me some in 3....2....1....

:D

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Nov 2012, 6:26 am

I used to drink coffee when I started high school, simply because everyone else did and I thought that's what you do. I then realised I don't like it at all and stopped drinking it completely. I enjoy the aroma but the taste, no thanks. I drink a lot of tea instead, mostly green.

I think that caffeine actually makes me sleepy instead of energized. If I have an energy drink I actually get sleepier, anyone else? :?

0neironaut
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

No, I prefer a quality green tea in the morning.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 10:31 am

I like stronger tasting foods, and to peacefully sip something, but am a slow metabolizer of caffeine, which slowly builds up, in my system, between cups.

I have very rarely missed a small pot a day, for several months in a row, now.

Not only does it keep me more trim, it seems to lower my blood sugar -- not especially in need of lowering.

I seem to get ulcers around Christmas, no, not from my own stress, and coffee makes them go from uncomfortable pressure, to spurting fire.

I not only want but need to go off.

I'm green around the gills, this morning. None for me.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm

I don't drink coffee very often however i don't mind the taste of it though.

CosmicCastaway
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

I drink a cup of coffee almost daily, and find that moderation is definitely key. In high school, I drank coffee, Red Bull energy drinks and a lot of Mountain Dew Code Red. It got to the point where I was consuming so much caffeine that I was both extremely anxious and getting severe migraines every week. After I quit caffeine I had headaches for several months, despite being off the stuff.

After several years I decided to start drinking coffee again to increase my energy level, but I approached it by setting a limit of 1 cup a day. I think anymore than that will probably wreck me.

The bottom line is that if you want to start drinking coffee, take stock of how much caffeine (soda, etc.) you put into your body and start by consuming a little at a time. Just a little might pack a huge punch and exacerbate your symptoms so find your limit and stick to it because the last thing you need is more anxiety.

AQ: 39

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2012, 10:58 pm

I had to learn to drink coffee, and the only style I drink quite happily is Turkish. But I am a natural tea drinker, I luvs me a nice cuppa tea

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 1:36 am

No, I don't drink it. I wonder if it's something you have to try as a child to get into it. I was never offered coffee as a child as it was considered an "adult" drink and when I finally did try it I just didn't like it.

NutcrackerPrincess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2012, 2:34 pm

Caffeine has no effect on me, unless I drink caffeine and not enough water, then I get dehydrated and that causes palpitations.

But Espresso is awful. It makes me sooo anxious, nervous, shaky, and my heart beats so fast

I do drink coffee once in a while like a social drink, but not very often at all because I don't like the bitter taste in my mouth

zeldazonk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

I can't drink it at all because of my anxiety. Definitely makes it worse.
I still have a couple of teas during the day.

Zel.