Why did my boy friends friend call him her boy friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

15 Nov 2012, 12:59 am

So, the other day...my boy friend introduced me to his friend on the phone, because I've been feeling a bit uneasy about her and I wanted to meet her. So, hes been good friends with this girl about 6 years but, he said that they are only like brother and sister, but when all three of us were on the phone together the other day. She shouts out to her mother. "I'm talking to my boy friend!"...What do you think she meant by that? I mean maybe it didn't mean anything bad like it sounds, but I don't know...And then after that they both just acted normal...And then they never mentioned anything else about that again. She later told me that I have no worries and that everything was going to be okay...but, it wasn't a response from her calling him her boy friend....And then the day after that he calls me and just acts normal and mentions about he hopes that it'll work out and that I won't feel uneasy about her anymore and once again told me that hes just like her brother and that was all, but I really didn't say much because I didn't know weather or not I should mention it to him, because hes just going to say it didn't mean anything like that or something you know? But, really maybe she only meant like its her friend thats a boy?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 1:04 am

I think best case scenario the other girl simply was lying to her mother to get her to not talk. But, it does sound a bit like... well, that this guy might not be your real "boyfriend" after all. Yes, this would be something to question him about.

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2012, 2:39 am

Sounds like the girl was provoking her mother to get some kind of reaction.
Maybe she feels she doesn't get enough attention from her mother.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2012, 1:21 pm

I think you should ask about it...I would. I would say, I'm fine and all about your freindship with her, but how come the other day she told her mother she was talking to her boyfriend? If that is clear, you will be fine right? Yes, asking might cause more unsettlement, but if that's what it takes to get you happy do it. I ask my BF anything even if I'm embarrassed if it's important to me.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

15 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

His response was that it was like an inside joke and that hes the only guy friend her parents allow her to call on the phone and hes considered like their son, but they know he has me as his girl friend.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Okay, so have you met his family yet? If you have then it should be true. It's good you asked though. But I personally would tell him I am not comfortable with her refering to him that way.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Evy7 wrote:
Okay, so have you met his family yet? If you have then it should be true. It's good you asked though. But I personally would tell him I am not comfortable with her refering to him that way.

No, I have not met his family yet, but he really usually seems to be an honest type person and I feel that I can trust him. Its just when she referred to him as her boy friend to her mom like that. I just didn't know what else to think.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2012, 9:52 pm

Well, even the girl said she isn't her GF. So I would give the benefit of the doubt for now. But good luck!

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2012, 2:35 am

Evy7 wrote:
Well, even the girl said she isn't her GF. So I would give the benefit of the doubt for now. But good luck!

He said her family likes to joke around like that and say hes her boy friend, thats why she was talking like that and I told him that its not a good joke, but he told me to just ignore it and that everything is going to be okay and that its not like that between them.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:04 am

Very weird, not sure if i'd be able to ignore that. He's not her bf, he's your bf. To be frank, it'd be nothing for him to change that out of respect for you.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

Greatsharkbite wrote:
Very weird, not sure if i'd be able to ignore that. He's not her bf, he's your bf. To be frank, it'd be nothing for him to change that out of respect for you.

I told him to make them stop and he said he would.