Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

Okay I have bit of wild theories that may astound a few of you but what if are aspergians are holding the key to extending life. Now the thought of this stems from how we often look younger than we actually are; If a Geneticist were to probe around in our DNA and look for that specific gene, we would probably have people living longer if they were to undergo gene therapy. Hell! we could find the cure for progeria hopefully.

Another wild theory, Aspergians are often born with enhanced intelligence, What if that specific gene could be isolated to "repair" certain individuals with low intelligence such as those that are mentally challenged or handicapped. I mean, It would be worthwhile to sacrifice emotions for you to be able function a bit better for yourself.

Okay now onto a wild Militarization theory. Now I hear aspergians general lack the ability to fear or are able to keep calm in dangerous situations, Genetically induced soliders that are incapable of fear would be highly technological edge on the battlefield as well as ones that can notice details of the batttlefield better would create a semi super solider/

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 1:12 pm

It's unfortunate how many of us suffer from anxiety disorders.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 2:11 pm

If we are often born with enhanced intelligence, how come so many posters on WP use horrible grammar?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Wut r u twakin' abuot? :P

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
If we are often born with enhanced intelligence, how come so many posters on WP use horrible grammar?

If it wasn't an Aspie interest, they might not have been even remotely interested in learning spelling n' grammar. I know I excelled in every school subject but Gym and Social Studies... no interest at all in learning about political leaders, etc. *barf*

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:13 am

redrobin62 wrote:

Bad grammar does not mean low intelligence. Some people are sloppy. There are smart people who are sloppy and not so smart people who are sloppy.

ruveyn

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 12:06 pm

You have to remember that the folks on WP who have impeccable grammer are usually the ones with the unfair advantage of being educated abroad.

The ones who cant talk English goodly are the ones handicapped by being born and raised here in the USA!

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 4:40 pm

Caesaran wrote:
Okay I have bit of wild theories that may astound a few of you but what if are aspergians are holding the key to extending life. Now the thought of this stems from how we often look younger than we actually are; If a Geneticist were to probe around in our DNA and look for that specific gene, we would probably have people living longer if they were to undergo gene therapy. Hell! we could find the cure for progeria hopefully.

Looks has nothing to do with longevity. Prograria affects all tissues not just the external appearance. If anything, if there is something about 'youthful' looks in AS dna then it'd probably benefit the medical/cosmetic industry.

Quote:
Another wild theory, Aspergians are often born with enhanced intelligence, What if that specific gene could be isolated to "repair" certain individuals with low intelligence such as those that are mentally challenged or handicapped. I mean, It would be worthwhile to sacrifice emotions for you to be able function a bit better for yourself.

Since mental handicaps become apparent at a young age it could perhaps be feasible but I doubt it will happen that way. It'd make more sense to repair the genetic code using NT dna than ours.

Quote:
Okay now onto a wild Militarization theory. Now I hear aspergians general lack the ability to fear or are able to keep calm in dangerous situations, Genetically induced soliders that are incapable of fear would be highly technological edge on the battlefield as well as ones that can notice details of the batttlefield better would create a semi super solider/

There's already drugs that do that.

Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

Dantac wrote:
Caesaran wrote:

There's already drugs that do that.

I distinctively remember that they didn't turn out all too well either. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

Caesaran wrote:
Okay I have bit of wild theories that may astound a few of you but what if are aspergians are holding the key to extending life.

What if the only reasons some Aspies look younger are that we don't get out into the sunlight (UV breaks down collagen, causing wrinkles), we rarely smile or frown (no "laugh lines"), and our relative inactivity tends to lead us to put on weight (our facial bones don't show)?

What if Aspies live longer than Enties simply because we take fewer risks with our personal safety?

There seems to be no valid empirical evidence to support any claim that Aspies hold a secret to longevity.

By the way, I was born, raised, and educated in the U.S. of A. My grammar, punctuation, and spelling tend to be more accurate than those of Enties. While I would love to be living in Europe, there seem to be more opportunities for gainful employment right here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:00 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

Grammar is abitrary and aspies (as well as everyone else) can be idiosyncratic with regards to their syntax.

I think it can be beneficial to write without proper grammar when talking casually on the web because it can help combat ambiguity in the person's inflection.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

Maybe they are sloppy. That is not the same as unintelligent.

ruveyn