Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Nov 2014, 2:17 am

Fail

0% ToM and 100% control!

You passed the control questions, indicating that you were able to follow the plot of the story, but you failed several theory of mind questions.

These results suggest that you may have difficulty with second order theory of mind. If you have not already been assessed for social skills impairment, you may want to consider getting assessed. There are a wide range of conditions that can cause difficulty with second order theory of mind, the most common being autism spectrum conditions such as autism or Asperger Syndrome

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:48 am

100% ToM and 100% control! Wow! :D

Do anyone know of more such tests?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:26 am

I guess, I must have scored 100%, but I am not interested in giving my data to a contact bureau. They tend to be hard to get rid of.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:48 am

Jensen wrote:
I guess, I must have scored 100%, but I am not interested in giving my data to a contact bureau. They tend to be hard to get rid of.

You don't have to. I just clicked the "Show me my result" button without filling out the optional personal questions after the test.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 4:04 am

Thanks! Yes, I scored 100%. It is logic, and you just have to keep track of names and places and see their routes. I think, I might have scored 100 because I thought, that Mary would think, that John would go to the park, because the iceman USED to be there, - mmmm, though I don´t think, that was mentioned.
The score must mean: Normal social imagination. That was my bottom score in the WAIS.

Last edited by Jensen on 12 Nov 2014, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 11:43 am

100% ToM and 100% control!

That was super easy.. Like an above poster said.. now it is not too bad but when I was younger, I probably would have had many issues with the grammar and with following along with the story. Maybe it is also good that I knew to pay attention and write in my mind what all was taking place.

Casstranquility
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2014, 3:03 pm

Pass- 80% ToM and %100 control.

This test made me laugh because at one point it asked what the ice cream said to John, and ice cream didn't talk to him at all because that would be crazy. And all we know about Mary is that she was in the park. We don't know what she saw or heard of John or the ice cream man. We can't assume she heard anything, nor can we say the ice cream man was talking to her, he could have been talking to himself when he said he was going to the church. So we make a lot of conjecture trying to answer these questions. Is conjecture and assumption theory of mind?

Let us comfort each other, and move tenderly when we are able. Let us hold hands and walk bravely, or fearfully together; for as long as there is Love, there is Hope, that everything will be okay, including the things we say are not.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

"Where did the ice cream say to John he would be all afternoon?"
- Ice creams don't speak. :lol:
Just kidding.

Aside of that:
Pass
40% ToM and 100% control!

I know where I did my mistake. At least one of them (there might be more though).

Does Mary know that the ice cream man talked to John?
- This one I got correct I think since I answered "No". She was not there when John talked with the man so she couldn't know they talked. But...

Where does Mary think John has gone to buy an ice cream?
- And this is where I made my mistake. No matter how you look at this she should think John went to park because she still think he thinks the ice cream man is in the park.
But for some reason I answered "The church", "Because it's at the church"...

Honestly... it does feel right to me. If the ice cream man is at the church John should go there because thats where the ice creams are currently sold and he knows about that because he talked to ice cream man. For some reason The "she thinks he doesn't know" doesn't get into my mind. Whatever she knows he talked to the ice cream man or not she should at least suppose he knows it because it is the reality and "ice cream is in the park" is no longer true...

I'm helpless. I know all whys and whats and I can figure out why she would think John thinks ice cream man is still in the park after I think hard about it but my intuition doesn't work that way. :lol:

Whats fun I got angry and worried about poor John when ice cream man said he is going to church. He was supposed to stay in the park and wait for John. Ice cream man broke his promise when he decided to go to church!
At that moment I did think John will come to park later on and realize the ice cream man is not there and get sad and angry.
And after they met I was thinking John might be really surprised and ask ice cream man what he is doing there when he should be in the park...
Honestly, the ice cream man was unreasonable. You shouldn't break promises just like that!
After they met however I did know John knows the ice cream man is in the church so I couldn't imagine that Mary doesn't know even though logically I knew she doesn't.

BTW. I also made the same mistake when taking the Sally and Ann test.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 3:21 am

Kiriae wrote:
Whats fun I got angry and worried about poor John when ice cream man said he is going to church. He was supposed to stay in the park and wait for John. Ice cream man broke his promise when he decided to go to church!
At that moment I did think John will come to park later on and realize the ice cream man is not there and get sad and angry.
And after they met I was thinking John might be really surprised and ask ice cream man what he is doing there when he should be in the park...

I had that reaction too.

And as for the talking ice cream so many has mentioned, I didn't even notice, because I don't usually read every word. I had to look it up now and there it was. I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread, but when I didn't notice it for myself, I thought it had been corrected. :lol:

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2014, 7:16 pm

Pass - 80% theory of mind, 100 % control. It was like a puzzle.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 9:08 pm

Passed, but 60%. As a child, I think I got a 0.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 9:22 pm

I passed it easily by 100% but I think because I have really good reading comprehension and tons of experience acing tests like this in the schools, not because my social reasoning skills are worth anything.

If I had social reasoning skills, I would know why Mary went to John's house, and why John didn't do or at least say unpleasant things to the ice cream man for going to the church when he very clearly stated that he was going to stay at the park.

Being an Aspie, my highest loyalty is to the truth, not to the sensitive feelings of the ice cream man or to his sorry bottom line for the day's sales.

:|

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2016, 5:33 pm

Noetic wrote:
Slight flaw in this story. Mary is still at the park when the ice cream van leaves. So surely she would know he isn't at the park selling ice cream - but there is no option that covers that in the answers.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Scored 100% on ToM and control, btw.

lissa1212
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm

I got 100% ToM and 100% control.

I was very confused though at the part where the ice cream man said he was going to the church. All I could think was "Who is he even talking to?" but later realized it was probably Mary. I find it strange that the story never explicitly stated that Mary was a part of either conversation. She could have been at an entirely different section of the park.

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2016, 3:27 pm

I did last year this test and I scored 80 % ToM 100 % control. Now I scored 100 % on ToM. This improvement is due to logical reasoning. I think if I would have done this test at 10 I perhaps would have failed it.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm

I failed the first time 0% but the second time i passed 20%. i didnt really understand any of the words i have reading comprehension difficulties

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com