Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 10:04 am

I have kind of started threads similar to this topic a lot under different disguises,but have not really gotten satisfactory responses.

Anyways,I am not looking for anything about masculinity or femininity or people acting immature or mature.

I'm talking about emotional maturity, actual thinking capabilities,basic accountability, I don't mean that you know everything(obviously with Aspergers there are some nuances of society we have trouble with by default), but are able to learn (this is called wisdom).
I have noticed most people are here around 10th grade, though the process of this takes a a year or two, maybe from end of middle school?

Anyways, personally I have not thought "oh, wow, I'm becoming a man", or really felt like it till maybe last March, and I'm still kind of a boy and I fluctuate, so when I'm feeling good, I think " how embarrassing my thoughts were 2 hours ago.

I am quite sure this is part of Aspergers to be delayed in this, I am still not as capable of abstract thinking as I should be.
Anyways, please share thoughts, experiences,etc.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

I do not even know what you are trying to ask. Something about growing up I think.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

I made a thread that got a lot of good answers some months ago, there might be something that you can find useful.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt200293.html

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
... I have noticed most people are here around 10th grade, though the process of this takes a a year or two, maybe from end of middle school?...

Perhaps the "Adolescent Autism Forum" may be a better place for your post then.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
... I have noticed most people are here around 10th grade, though the process of this takes a a year or two, maybe from end of middle school?...

Perhaps the "Adolescent Autism Forum" may be a better place for your post then.

How do I move this then?

Can someone please help me. Thanks.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

I used to find it odd when I was about 18 and would read in the news things like "An 18 year old man has been held in custody" - I'd think "I'm not a man! I'm still a kid!" Even now at nearly 23 I don't feel like I'm a "fully grown man" (particularly because I still look about 15). I wouldn't describe myself as a "man", it feels too old.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 8:36 pm

Could any of the moderators help me move this to the Adolescent Autism forum?

Thx a lot