Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mv
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 12:37 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Screw that weak permissive sh**, I just urinate on all their furniture.
In reality, it would never have occurred to me to do that. I would never consider a person my "territory". They are their own person, and if I can't trust someone to say no to advances, I shouldn't be with them in the first place.

Who_Am_I, I think I just peed on all my own furniture! LOL! :lol:

Original Poster: it freaks me out to leave something behind, ever, no matter what the context (I fret when I leave things at my mom's house, even). It also freaks me out when anyone leaves their possessions in my space. I instantly notice them (there's like an "intruder alert" that goes off in my head) and have to set them aside in a zone for "just visiting". I know, I'm weird.

I've often thought that any claim you had to stake so very, very hard would not be worth having.

Watilla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
No. If I felt a need to "mark" my territory when I was dating :eew: I would seriously question the relationship in the first place.

Indeed.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:16 pm

Watilla wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
No. If I felt a need to "mark" my territory when I was dating :eew: I would seriously question the relationship in the first place.

Indeed.

This was my thinking exactly.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:50 am

Fnord wrote:
[*] Undergarments under the passenger seat of his car.
8O

Why would I leave my stuff in my bf's house or car? I need my stuff!

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:56 am

I'm not even sure if I'd even have anything obviously female enough to leave there. I don't wear underwear, I don't wear make-up, I don't read women's magazines.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

I've never done this with a boyfriend, but when I was a little girl, my best (female) friend and I would always leave something behind forgetfully when we visited each other's house. Our parents said that it was an excuse to get together again - we had to return the lost object.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

LKL wrote:
I've never done this with a boyfriend, but when I was a little girl, my best (female) friend and I would always leave something behind forgetfully when we visited each other's house. Our parents said that it was an excuse to get together again - we had to return the lost object.

Ah-HAH!

That's the answer!

Those women left their property at my place, not just as a warning to other women but as an excuse to come back - again and again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 8:29 pm

umm no. That just sounds weird. I seem to do the opposite, if I like a guy, I touch and use his stuff a lot.

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

I knew some girl who left her cellphone at her bf's house.. I think they had sex though that's why she forgot it =p

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
LKL wrote:

Ah-HAH!

That's the answer!

Those women left their property at my place, not just as a warning to other women but as an excuse to come back - again and again.
sneaky sneaky.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Incendax
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

I will 'mark my territory' and leave physical evidence on the body of my partner. It is part of a roleplaying experience where I pretend to be 'possessive' and my partner enjoys feeling 'wanted'. I enjoy seeing the marks on my partner on a base emotional level. If the fantasy becomes an actual issue in real life, however, then my higher intellect kicks in and I assure my partner they are free to do whatever they wish.

verlorenModus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2012, 6:02 am

why would i consider another persons home "my territory"? if i cannot trust the other person to fend off advances on their own then it wasnt a real relationship at all. like so many other jealousy/possessiveness behaviors it indicates a deep distrust of the other partner. file it under "yet more pointless mind games". i do not understand these things.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 8:03 am

Trying to remember. Dating was a long time ago. No I don't think I ever did those on purpose. Although he had my picture on his desk and various presents from me decorating his home, so it should be pretty obvious. (One of those was an embroidery picture of us embracing, with names and year stitched underneath.) I never worried about other women much. The type of guys I like are not the type who play around.

matchalatte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2012, 9:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
A discussion on another website led me to post this question to women here: Do You Mark Your Territory?

I mean, when you are dating a man, do you purposely leave some of your personal items in his car or home to let other women know that the man is "taken"? Do you look for similar items, as well?

Things like:
  • A few subscription issues of women's magazines (Modern Bride, Cosmopolitan, et cetera) in his magazine rack.
  • Stockings or shoes under his couch or bed.
  • Scrunchies or other items of grooming in his bathroom.
  • Undergarments under the passenger seat of his car.
... Or any other obviously feminine item in some location in his home or car where another woman might know where to look and what to look for?

Thank you.

I'm a lesbian and normally have different tastes than the partners I've had, but I've never "marked my territory." It seems like a dishonest, deceptive thing to do and thus, it has absolutely no appeal to me. I've also never looked for things in a partner's place of residence because to me, that's a disrespect of their privacy. If there's something laying out in the open that doesn't seem to belong, I'd ask about it, but look for things? No. All of these actions seem like really deceptive games. Though I'm sure that there are people that do such things, I'd never do such a thing and I wouldn't have a very high opinion of a potential partner or friend who would. After all, you can't expect someone to respect you if you don't respect them...so it seems like a recipe for disaster to me...

LisaOfShades
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

hahaha! How adorable, I didn't now it was on purpose! I always wondered how people could forget their bra...

I'm asexual... so... no.

But did you know that we have glands under the arms that mark people with our smell? Cats rub their neck, that's where is theirs... but that might be why we hug... and why we don't want to be hugged sometimes...

Someone told me that he could smell me and thought of me hours after I hugged him.

some animal pee from far away on the female and she either shriek and run or come closer... so it could be worst!

Enjoy~