Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

qwertyuiop1994
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2012, 6:00 pm

Colton wrote:
Just say, "Tell me about your nickname. Sounds like a interesting story." :)

Thank you. I was looking at one of your posts about your girlfriend with aspergers. As someone who is neurotypical did you know that she liked you or did she tell you that she did. I'm asking because if you didn't know that she liked you there is a chance the girl I like doesn't know I like her due to poor body language etc. I hope that made sense :)

AQ:45

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 6:10 pm

qwertyuiop1994 wrote:
FalsettoTesla wrote:
Then once you've known her a month say, I really like you, but I find it hard to tell if people like me back, do you?

The most important thing is though to respect the answer that she gives. If she says no, sorry, but we can still be friends, don't think 'oh she means later', just be her friend.

If she does want to be your girlfriend, congratulations, but if not, then it wouldn't work out anyway. Remember 51% of the worlds population are women, there's always more. One of them will be one who wants to date you.

Thank you, that's helpful, also do you know any good ways of getting to know people better as this is what I'd like to do before I even began to get some courage to ask her out :)

To your most recent post I'm the (possibly) autistic one in my relationship and my partner was confused as to whether or not I liked them before we started dating, apparently I 'sent mixed messages'.

I've found the best way to get to know someone is to ask them questions about what they like to do, and what their favourite things are, and playing games like 'either or'.

Either or is a game where you posit two scenarios and the person has to pick between them. So, either you're marooned on a desert island with more than enough resources to fulfil all of your physical needs, or you're surround by people but you are perpetually hungry, cold and tired. Etc. etc. It can make for some interesting exchanges. Also, when they give a piece of information about them, e.g. I had a hamster when I was little, share a topic related piece of information about yourself e.g. I wanted a hamster but my mum said no, and then ask a question about their piece of information, e.g. what was your hamster called?

Now, depending on how well you do socially this will either seem painfully obvious, or horribly difficult. For me this was horribly difficult to grasp, but I can get along socially in a lot more situations since I've learnt this than before. So, it sort of works, but it'll never be perfect. But I don't think anything can be.