Do aspies gravitate towards metal? (the music genre)

Page 8 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:09 pm

It depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I like to listen to it when I'm really worked up and that's not very often.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

This one goes to 11. :nerdy:

It's good but way too short. I especially like the doomy riff at the beginning.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:24 pm

Udinaas wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This one goes to 11. :nerdy:

It's good but way too short. I especially like the doomy riff at the beginning.

I'm used to that sort of punk being shorter, although there's bands that are more progressive and play way longer arrangements.

That said, I love songs that are under a minute long, whether it's skatepunk or grindcore or skramz or thrashcore.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 12:49 pm

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 1:09 pm

To the best of my grasp on this or anything like it - if you're the type of person who feels like a diet of pop music is like being force-fed baby food as an adult, or especially as a musically precocious teen or preteen, then you'll typically gravitate to whatever feels like it has more going on, and at least for people in my generation who were doing that search in the late 80's and early 90's as kids it would have in many cases been metal. It's just what was there and interesting.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jul 2021, 11:04 pm

I like a variety of music & what I'm really into at the time is very dependent on my mood. I go through phases where I'm really into one music genre for a while & then it changes to a different one for a while. I do like some hard rock but I'm not usually into the very heavy metal stuff though I do like some. I'm currently going through a misanthropic phase & I'm extremely disappointed, frustrated, & angry with humanity nowadays; watch &/or read the news to know why. The music that fits this phase the best is old-skewl punk stuff like The Ramones, Social Distortion, & Bad Religion. I found an online station called Kaotic Radio that plays a lot of that stuff as well as newer more underground bands. Unfortunately I have to leave their webpage up to listen cuz I cant find an app or anything & some songs are played quite alot. http://kaoticradio.com/

I'll list the other music genres I tend to like :arrow:
Pop Punk
Pop Rock
EMO
Ska
Grunge
Alternative Rock
Glam Rock
Classic Rock
Pop Top 40
Bubblegum Pop
90s
80s
70s
Disco
Country
Comedy
Celtic

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 24 Jul 2021, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 11:23 pm

Well idk about all aspies, but I certainly gravitate towards metal....I don't know of any other sort off music that has so much variety. As much as I like metal I still listen to lots of other kinds of music and nothing is so satisfying to me as metal. But I also like all kinds of metal like I like some death metal, I like some black metal, I like some power metal, I like some bands that combine more than one style a little bit.

Mostly I love music and cannot stick to just metal, but at the same time more often than not metal is the most satisfying music. I just listened to the most recent Helloween album, they are more power metal but that most recent album had kind of the feel of like old-school heavy metal and I really liked that.

Still though I do venture out from metal, for sure I even like disco music, because it is happy and fun sounding even if they used various music tech outside of just traditional instruments to create it. But I also like some electronic and industrial music which also does that kind of thing. I mean I guess at the end of the day I don't care which instrument or tech was used just if the song sounds good to me. Who is to say what you can use to create music...? If it's music and I like it I'll listen regardless if it was all organic singing and instrumentals or using music machines and tech to create some of the sounds.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 12:11 am

Maybe some aspies are magnetic. I blame the vaccines. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 12:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Maybe some aspies are magnetic. I blame the vaccines. :nerdy:

:lol: Well in that case I am totally magnetic...since I got mine.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 12:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I just listened to the most recent Helloween album, they are more power metal but that most recent album had kind of the feel of like old-school heavy metal and I really liked that.
I like Helloween though I'm not a huge fan. Some music snobs pretend to be very sophisticated about what is considered metal & what should not be. They can be very pushy about insisting that power metal, glam rock, hair metal, & hard rock are not real metal. LOTS of bands & music genres in general can often fit under multiple categories & people can have slightly different definitions about what the different categories are which can lead to confusion & debate. That's why I said "I do like some hard rock but I'm not usually into the very heavy metal stuff" because if I woulda just said that I do like some metal someone might swear that none of the rock categories I listed are actual metal. & if I woulda said that I usually do not like metal someone might mention that I listed some categories that are metal. & with either thing the post could suddenly turn into a giant $hit storm like the gender debates in L&D do. I seen that kinda thing happen with music topics on non-Aspie sites more than a few times & I NEVER had the patience or energy to get caught up in the "debate". This post is extremely civil compared to some of em. One reason I like this community so much :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 12:52 am

nick007 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I just listened to the most recent Helloween album, they are more power metal but that most recent album had kind of the feel of like old-school heavy metal and I really liked that.
I like Helloween though I'm not a huge fan. Some music snobs pretend to be very sophisticated about what is considered metal & what should not be. They can be very pushy about insisting that power metal, glam rock, hair metal, & hard rock are not real metal. LOTS of bands & music genres in general can often fit under multiple categories & people can have slightly different definitions about what the different categories are which can lead to confusion & debate. That's why I said "I do like some hard rock but I'm not usually into the very heavy metal stuff" because if I woulda just said that I do like some metal someone might swear that none of the rock categories I listed are actual metal. & if I woulda said that I usually do not like metal someone might mention that I listed some categories that are metal. & with either thing the post could suddenly turn into a giant $hit storm like the gender debates in L&D do. I seen that kinda thing happen with music topics on non-Aspie sites more than a few times & I NEVER had the patience or energy to get caught up in the "debate". This post is extremely civil compared to some of em. One reason I like this community so much :D

Oh yeah that is an issue online for sure....but that is why like I would say I still very much like metal, but I don't like the gatekeeping for sure like why shouldn't hair metal or power metal be considered 'real' metal. I mean for sure I liked the most recent Helloween album because it seemed to have an element of older just heavy metal style and well even a bit of hair metal sound. I personally don't see why that wouldn't be 'real' metal, like it sounded awesome. Like they somehow mixed Judas priest's kind of sound into power metal and well I was satisfied. Anyways though metal elitists suck... there is so much good music out there metal or not, but some people just feel they gotta be the authority on the topic. But I think you should listen to whatever you want if it's metal or not, if you enjoy it that is the important thing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 11:46 pm

I think comedy music & nerdcore would be would be the music genres with the highest percent of their fans being autistic. However those are kinda underground unpopular music genres so the majority of autistics would be into other genres due to the other genres being much more popular in general.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:49 am

i wonder if i'm the only one here who likes Wurlitzers? :alien: