Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

Yesterday i watched Star Trek: Enterprise i love ST: ENT, that series turned my interest in Star Trek, maybe other treks are more in depth, but ST: ENT (in fact my first Star Trek was TNG, but i was to young to fully comprehend it)

When i watched this episode i almost instantly reminded Apollo 13 almost the same plot but in real life.

PS. What do you think about "Dear Doctor" episode when Dr. Phlox have objection against sentient species, is probably this case resulted in creating Prime Directive

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:06 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
PS. What do you think about "Dear Doctor" episode when Dr. Phlox have objection against sentient species, is probably this case resulted in creating Prime Directive

No, the Prime Directive already existed during the time period in which Star Trek: Enterprise takes place (i.e. during Captain Archer's time). Only at that time it was a law created by the Vulcans that they were obliged to follow. I think that the episode "Progenitor" is an Enterprise episode that involves the Prime Directive where it is actually mentioned by name.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

The Prime Directive was an invention of the Federation, not made in Archer's time. In Dear Doctor, Archer says someday a directive may exist, but until then he'd have to remind himself not to play god.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.