Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Nov 2012, 2:23 pm

I've got a lot going on right now. In additon to being autistic, I'm also black, female, and bisexual. I first discovered my attraction to other girls, as well as guys, when I was only 12. I came out to my mom and she said it was just a phase and she told me to give it some time. A couple weeks later at school someone said that Sir Elton John was gay, and someone else corrected him and said he was bisexual, meaning he was attracted to both men and women, so I thought to myself, "So there's word for that." because I only knew about gay and straight people at the time. Still I just pushed it all aside and kept telling myself that it was just a phase.

But when I was 15 I started crushing on this girl in my school and then a year later I had a crush on one of my teachers who was female, so I thought "Okay maybe I am bi."

Now at almost 22 I know I'm bisexual, but I feel really lonely because I don't have any bi friends to talk to or relate to. Plus I was taught that being gay or bi was a sin, so I feel ashamed of myself.

And I would like to become more involved in the LGBT community in my area so I can feel better about myself, but I don't think my mother would approve. I want to go to a bisexual support group or community center, but I'm afraid to ask my mom because she may not approve of it.

I'm so depressed I just don't know what to do anymore.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

I take it you live at home. Have you been to college? Lots of gay and lesbian groups there. Saves you the trouble of scoping out strangers at nightclubs and bars.

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2012, 8:59 am

I take it you're very dependent on your mom then, you can't do anything without her permission?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm just trying to find out. Autistic can mean a whole lot of things you know :)

Anyways, your first step should be to break your isolation I guess. Try registering on a LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Queer)-community online and find someone to talk to.

The only one I know of is Qruiser (www.qruiser.com), though I'm not sure if it's the ultimate choice for you. Though most members speak english, it's primarily focused on the scandinacian countries.

Still, if you're just looking for someone to talk to it might be worth a shot ^^

Kindly/Magnus