Page 134 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 8:06 am

everybody that is rich should be given the option to be dirt-poor [no access to any of their usual resources] for a year. if they passed the test [none would] they could be exempt from taxation forever.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 4:16 pm

From now on I'm going to use "it" as a pronoun for humans, the same way humans normally use "it" for an animal whose gender they do not know. Because humans ARE animals, even if they refuse to admit it. And assuming anyone's gender is wrong, even if it's just me buying a Mother's Day card for my cisgender mom. I get it, being cisgender is wrong and evil, just like it is being white or over 25. I must not really be female anyway because I'm always wearing pants and as a kid I liked frogs and bugs and I'm not really afraid of spiders. But wait, I also like cute, fuzzy animals like kittens and bunnies and the colors pink and purple and plush toys. How can I possibly identify as a specific gender??? :roll:

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2023, 4:53 pm

TheTigress wrote:
Unpopular opinions

-Bacon is one of the most overrated foods I can think of

-Democrats vs Republicans is a strategically created puppet show to distract everyone from the corruption and sinister behind the scenes things that are happening. Also a simple way to keep the country divided

-Society is being intentionally dumbed down by the powers that be
-The customer is -NOT- always right

I agree with these, and yeah what is with bacon, it just tastes like salt and grease.

I don't like the idea of dating as it seems more like a vetting system and interview and I doubt people can objectively judge people on a date. Seems also boring idea and stressful.

I think available women should have some sort of symbol or mark so that men actually know they are available.
Would make much more sense than hitting on random women.
They should also make it explicitly clear whether its sex or relationship.

I think shopping going to movies and eating out is better done alone.
I just enjoy it more.

I think the justice system is not fair or just.

I think anarcho communism is the future of humanity, but I don't hate capitalism.

I think politics should be abolished world wide. Few crazy and deranged people telling the whole country what to do seems unfair and dangerous.

People in prisons should not be in prisons, but working for the government and society, not sit in prison cells all day stabbing each other with toothbrushes. Prisons are inhumane and cause recidivism and increase in psychopathic traits.

Schools are not for smart people "Rick and Morty"

I think most bon mots, phrases, and sayings are BS and people say them to sound smart, but really they are not that smart.

I think grammar is overrated and grammar is also pretty confusing as it often is arbitrary and not very exact.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:43 pm

Country music isn't that bad and y'all can fight me over it. :lol:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 2:15 pm

I think most radical feminists are TERFs and should admit to it.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2023, 2:56 pm

Post '70s rock sucks.

Never liked the Star Wars franchise.

Almost all popular Fiction books are garbage.

Never believed in Capitalism, despite how awful people say the alternatives are.

mrclarinet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2023, 7:35 pm

if the word mid was a band that band would be arctic monkeys

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 3:36 am

much of high end audio is puffery. same for high-end autos.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 11:11 am

I think the movie ‘Titanic’ is a bad overwrought derivative of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ whose flaws were successfully covered up by spectacular special effects.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Mar 2023, 12:00 pm

^ That, and there's really no excuse for an appalling Irish accent.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 5:04 pm

There should be an autism forum specifically for POC, where people like myself would feel more welcome; not be exposed to racist posts and threads; nor have the burden of dealing with them and the individuals.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 5:37 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
There should be an autism forum specifically for POC, where people like myself would feel more welcome; not be exposed to racist posts and threads; nor have the burden of dealing with them and the individuals.

I unironically wish there was an autism forum centered around LGBT/trans people. I am so tired of the garbage cis people spew on here and the expectation by a portion of the userbase to just ignore it. Same s**t w/ POC and women.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 3:24 am

Fairfield wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

I unironically wish there was an autism forum centered around LGBT/trans people. I am so tired of the garbage cis people spew on here and the expectation by a portion of the userbase to just ignore it. Same s**t w/ POC and women.

Strongly agree, Fairfield. (hugs) :heart:

We shouldn't be expected to ignore it. Ignoring it gives them free rein to flood the forum with their hateful views.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 4:36 pm

Philadelphia or Boston IMO are much better suited to host a Summer Olympics over Portland.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 4:39 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
Fairfield wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

Strongly agree, Fairfield. (hugs) :heart:

We shouldn't be expected to ignore it. Ignoring it gives them free rein to flood the forum with their hateful views.

Anyone know how to start a forum?
Is it hard to do?
Just a little one?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 5:30 pm

Some years ago a lady member of WP did just that.

She was perpetually angry person who got SO pissed off that she left this site and started her own aspie website. It was patterned exactly like this one. Same subforums. Same layout. Minor changes in look. She was angry about the oppressive politically correct rules of this site, but admitted that she even had to impose pretty much the same rules on her new site. :lol:

I was a member for a while until it got too dead for me. A number of both refugees banned from this site and other still active members of this site like me would also visit that site. But like I said it petered out before long. Cant recall her name now. Or the sites name either.

Anyway its probably pretty easy to start a forum of your own.