Page 125 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 137  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Sharing politically charged articles to provoke a reaction out of people is just flat out attention seeking behaviour and shouldn't be encouraged or allowed.

I dunno.. sometimes it's entertaining for all involved. Sometimes it's educational. Sometimes it's hilarious when almost no one agrees with the stance the OP was intending so they pm the mods and request that the thread be locked because they didn't get their dose of agreement.

It's easy enough to just not participate in threads about politically charged articles if you don't want to venture into the hornets nest. I'm too opinionated not to say my 2 cents about things, though.

I don't find attention seeking behaviour "entertaining" at all, especially when the ones who are attention seeking are just trying to start arguments + worsen the vibe of the forum they're on. I also gladly avoid threads like this, but the unfortunate truth is that the attention seeking behaviour + its effects aren't limited to these threads, and it often bleeds into the general forum, creating a nasty and hostile environment. I get that a lot of people on here come here solely to participate in these threads, but they're honestly the last people I would come to for their opinion on it. They obviously don't care about contributing anything but drama to the forum.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 11:12 am

I love reading the "Pet Peeves" thread and other threads full of rants and complaints.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:37 pm

People do not see the world for what it really is when they get drunk or stoned. That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. If they really did see the world for what is really is they wouldn't be getting drunk or stoned in the first place.

Seriously, how are the same substances that people used to take to make the world look weird able to make the world look normal now that it is weird? That makes no sense. It would be like, "I really want to fall asleep right now so I'm going to drink this hard black coffee." :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:47 pm

The Gods belong to no one and saying we can't honor deities from other cultures because it's 'cultural appropriation' is simply not true.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 7:40 am

Dating, relationships, romance, etc are boring, tiring and stressful. A partner is a burden worse than a stinky and stupid pet animal.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 8:19 am

I really don't get what all the fuss is about with Queen Elizabeth II dying. If she had been still young and healthy, maybe I would, but I would still find all the hype annoying like when Di was killed. My father died last winter and the world doesn't care less. Most people would say "I'm sorry" out of politeness and move on.

I've also been hearing really stupid questions, like is Canada going republic or breaking ties with the UK monarchy. I highly doubt the Queen's death is really going to have any major impact on our country. Maybe the faces on our money will be changed, that's all. The Queen was a human being, humans die all the time, it has no effect on the world whatsoever. Of course, it would if most people in the world died, because then the world wouldn't be such a filthy garbage dump full of pestilence and stupidity.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 8:58 am

^I hear that Diana was a scandalous person. I wouldn't feel sad about the death of such a person.

However, the death of Queen Elizabeth II makes me very sad because she was not dirty or scandalous. Maybe if she were young when she died, I wouldn't feel this sad. Old people are lovely and I care about them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 2:08 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
It would not surprise me if a second Prohibition happens, except with certain types of guns
being banned instead of alcohol.

Such a form of prohibition already exists though. Otherwise, where's my 40mm Bofors cannon?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 8:15 am

I dislike iPhone because it is not very useful. Mid-range Android phones have more useful features.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 8:35 am

Intelligence doesn't matter.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 6:24 am

The TV news here in the UK is utterly dominated with the Queen's death, processions and associated stuff. I'm bored to death with it all. There are more things happening in the world but are getting no coverage at all at the moment. The TV news is utterly useless at the moment.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 10:13 am

I think we should stop planting radishes. They're taking up all the space on the planet with their huge butts.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:33 pm

Money is more important than food.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:58 pm

Dogs should be required to wear clothes in public.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 7:32 am

The children of a criminal should be avoided because they share the criminal DNA.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:54 am

Pregnancy should happen inside a machine, not in a human body.