Page 94 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 137  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2018, 12:01 am

The original versions of songs aren't necessarily the best.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2018, 2:09 am

It's best to learn about history by watching movies like Braveheart.

fromamegaverse
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2018, 10:13 pm

People who use their experience with their disability to negate, defuse or deny another's struggles with a disability are being ignorant, self-centered and aren't being empathetic.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2018, 10:42 pm

In any sort of apocalyptic event, I'd much rather be one of the people who died than be one of the survivors.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

I wish the local authorities would take a tougher line on busking. All of a sudden, buskers seem to be all over the place in high streets and shopping centres, and their music is now always hugely amplified. One I walked past today could still be heard almost a quarter of a mile away. To make things worse, some of them insist on singing in fake American accents. Can't imagine that American buskers try to sound like Noel Gallagher, but then again Noel Gallagher probably doesn't want to sound like Noel Gallagher.

I used to be able to quite enjoy shopping, and could 'lose myself' inside a self-made bubble, but these days with the sensory onslaught from street performers, the pestering by 'charity muggers', beggars and sales people, it's often a nightmare. Thank goodness for the rise of internet shopping....

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 10:45 am

When you think about it, most of these opinions aren't really all that unpopular. If you posted something like "Adults should be legally allowed to have sex with their own children", that would get a lot of people worked up.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 11:01 am

^ This is made more difficult these days by the growing encroachment of media regulation, as reflected by the ever more restrictive 'terms of service' of most websites, including WP. The influence of 'Political Correctness' and the rise of Identity Politics also need to be taken into account: opinions which are often little other than 'socially conservative', and which might have been mainstream a generation ago, are now categorized in some quarters as borderline 'hate speech'.

Just the fact of stating the above might well be regarded by many on here as being an 'unpopular opinion' at the very least.

Last edited by DeepHour on 13 Jun 2018, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 11:18 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ This is made more difficult these days by the growing encroachment of media regulation, as reflected by the ever more restrictive 'terms of service' of most websites, including WP. The influence of 'Political Correctness' and the rise of Identity Politics also need to be taken into account: opinions which are often little other than than 'socially conservative', and which might have been mainstream a generation ago, are now categorized in some quarters as borderline 'hate speech'.

Just the fact of stating the above might well be regarded by many on here as being an 'unpopular opinion' at the very least.

I think the above statement while not unpopular is controversial.
As for an unpopular opinion, I think Superman III is a funny satire.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 3:48 am

Nobody on WP except me and a handful of others are truly autistic.The rest at best are quasi-autistic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 5:21 am

Most kinds of subs at Subway are better when NOT toasted.

Well...the Subway serving staff always looks at me like Im nuts when I refuse the toasting option. So that MUST mean that its an "unpopular opinion"!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 3:30 pm

People who are "on the spectrum" are people too, just like NTs!

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2018, 7:23 pm

Patents should be abolished.

fromamegaverse
Raven
Raven

14 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

I don't believe in free will and therefore think the notion of people choosing to be things such as "hard worker" or "lazy" is false. Since I think people are just what they are programmed to be and environmentally activated to demonstrate certain programming at any given time.

So if free will is eventually proven to not exist, the best course of action is to probably reform things to fit that notion. For instance; punishment, and prisons. And then therapy to help cut out/replace certain genes would probably be a good step.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 10:42 pm

Trump wants to turn the US into a Communist regime by turning himself into a dictator similar in manner
to Kim-Jong Un. :evil:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 1:58 am

Nestlé pumpt Vittels Wasserquelle leer – Bewohner müssen nun 20 Millionen Euro teure Pipeline kaufen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugkn5cdnH0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoOECk4UCkE
gas: shell, exxon and the endless delay of repayments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFDvbxIaUk

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 3:55 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Trump wants to turn the US into a Communist regime by turning himself into a dictator similar in manner
to Kim-Jong Un. :evil:

I'd say he's turning it into more of a fascist regime, but either way, it's totalitarian.