Page 119 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 137  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:30 pm

Pathological attention seeking, manipulative behaviour, and recurrent tantrums shouldn't be allowed on forums, even ones for autistic people. Anyone who has behavioural issues that are that consistently disruptive shouldn't get a free pass just because they have a developmental disorder and/or are good at garnering pity. If anything, tolerating that behaviour encourages it and is more detrimental to the person than helpful. I've seen this behaviour on multiple forums and the reactions (or lack thereof) to it always baffle me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:34 pm

Gender is a spectrum. It's not just men and ladies anymore.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 12:59 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Pathological attention seeking, manipulative behaviour, and recurrent tantrums shouldn't be allowed on forums, even ones for autistic people. Anyone who has behavioural issues that are that consistently disruptive shouldn't get a free pass just because they have a developmental disorder and/or are good at garnering pity. If anything, tolerating that behaviour encourages it and is more detrimental to the person than helpful. I've seen this behaviour on multiple forums and the reactions (or lack thereof) to it always baffle me.

Couldn't agree more!

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 3:01 am

Those meat-eaters that criticize other cultures where they eat some different animal meat are hypocritical and self-righteous. They should then stop eating beef, chicken etc themselves.

Peter A.
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2022, 3:31 am

a) Having Asperger's Syndrome is something I wish not to have, because it's nothing but a great big pain in the ass, with absolutely NO advantages whatsoever.
b) I also do not believe AS/autism is a so-called spectrum; either you have it or you don't, there are no other options.
c) Politics is for suckers. How can everyone not know by now that the two extreme ends of the political spectrum are just the two sides to the same moronic, immoral and demented coin?
d) Greta Thunberg is a monumental hypocrite who should just stop preaching to us like she's some kind of saint on a mission to "save" the Earth, and everyone else should just completely ignore the spoilt brat.
e) {redacted}
f) Global warming/climate change/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it is nothing but a gigantic scam, a swindle to help funnel and concentrate more power, influence and wealth into the hands of a tiny, priviledged minority.
g) Nuclear power is perfectly safe and must eventually replace the fossil fuels when it comes to power generation, not the so-called renewables, which will always be expensive and inefficient.
NOTE: Now if anyone doesn't like what I've written here, well, that's just too bad. I have Asperger's Syndrome, so I am always blunt, to-the-point and perfectly honest, and I will never apologise for what I believe to be correct and true.

Last edited by Cornflake on 04 Aug 2022, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed demeaning commentary

Peter A.
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2022, 3:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel that it's pointless to celebrate the differences between men and women.

Why? It's the differences between the two that make all the difference, that make people more interesting and less predictable.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:05 am

It is sometimes better not to have opinion on some topics, even if, especially if it is a controversial topic everybody is arguing about.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:35 pm

I think that Boris Johnston should still be Prime Minister of Britain.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Race is completely arbitrary and fake, and the entire concept should be done away with.

Agreed.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:44 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Same and agreed.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 4:57 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
This is something that particularly annoys me, too!  Happily, the incidences on WrongPlanet have decreased dramatical since about the middle of 2021, while simultaneously increasing on AutismForums.  I wonder why?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 11:21 pm

I think that the 1970s would be a great time to travel back to.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 12:07 am

I don't support Russia or Ukraine. I'm glad I have nothing to do with them.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 10:47 am

Fnord wrote:
This is something that particularly annoys me, too!  Happily, the incidences on WrongPlanet have decreased dramatical since about the middle of 2021, while simultaneously increasing on AutismForums.  I wonder why?

Eh, I don't think they've decreased here that much. The people on here just aren't as obvious about it, which is probably why they get defended a lot and are still doing it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

How can anyone whose entire professional career consists of working inside a 6’ by 8’ cubical ever possibly avoid solipsism in thought, word, and deed?

:shrug:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:07 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that the 1970s would be a great time to travel back to.

I think the 70's would be a great time for me too.