Abnormal self awareness, pleas help I cant take it anymore

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

HELPMEPLEASE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

I'm really sorry, I dont even know if I can post this here, but i've read something on google and it led me there, so I made an account to ask a question because you guys were talking about it lately;

Sorry for the long post..but I need help, here :

8 months ago I've had a bad dream about homosexuality and got really anxious and thought I was gay (im 22 years old dating chicks since im 12 damn!) and for 3 months ive been REALLY anxious..Then, i've been anxious about if Life makes sens, why live if we're going to die!
Then, 2 months later, I looked in the mirror and felt totaly detached from my body...and hell begun.

I've felt like my mind and my body were 2, it was so annoying, I couldnt stand it.. my psychologist told me it was a symptom of high anxiety called depersonalization. However, now, I feel like im inside my body, trapped in my body, I can't take it anymore, it get me really anxious and panicked. What to do? Im on the television, watching a movie relax, and then BOOM! I get aware of my self, of my body, and feel like WTF how am I in this world?! The self awareness is over 9000 its unbelievable

I feel like in a first person shooter game...what is it? How to threat it?..thx guys, thx.
( The psychologist diagnosed me with OCD, and the compulsion is ''too much thinking to resolve the 'problem' '' )

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

You've got some serious paranoia going on there. I'd visit another therapist, since yours seems to be incapable of handling your issue, seeing that he blew it off.

Based on what you've said, I don't see how it relates to Asperger's or ASD.

Do you have more to contribute on how it does? Otherwise, that may be all we can help.

P.S. You most definitely have issues to deal with if you feel if the world will come to an end if you're gay. Maybe you're bi. I'd say there's a hell of a lot more bi people in their real attractions than what they let themselves believe. And, with that, so what? It's not like it's even unusual these days.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

What you have, in my untrained but not uneducated opinion, is onset Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Yes, the depersonalization/derealization is Hell and so are the panic attacks; I have lived through both. If the symptoms persist any longer, you should definitely consult your therapist about antidepressant drugs. A little sertraline (Zoloft) goes a long way, and did wonders for my symptoms. Best to you, Kameron.