Whats your fave/worst Simpsons episodes?(Simpsons fans only)

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 9:55 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm currently watching season 12. So far the only Simpson's episode I don't like is "The Principle and the Pauper."

Many of the fan sites consider "The Principal and the Pauper" the worst episode ever...even worse than "Worst Episode Ever".

Is that the one where Homer and Bart get a horse and train him to race and win by having an "attitude", and then Homer gets kidnapped by the Jockeys, who were actually like little elves in an underground world like Willy Wonka, and they sing to Homer in squeaky voices threatening to eat his skin if his horse won again? I thought that was pretty funny. Absurd and maybe offensive to real jockeys, but funny. :lol:

Season 12 "Worst Episode Ever" is "After Comic Book Guy has a heart attack, he turns the store over to Bart and Milhouse. They discover Comic Book Guy's collection of secretly recorded videotapes, while CBG begins a torrid romance with Principle Skinner's mother."

What you described was the plot to Season 11 "Saddlesore Galactica"

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 12:57 am

belladaisy wrote:
My favourite is King Size Homer, where he gains weight and wears a muu-muu. Basically anything from season 5-8 is genius eg. Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment, Bart Gets an Elephant, A Star is Burns, Team Homer, You Only Move Twice, Homer Goes to College, Cape Feare (and pretty much anything with Sideshow Bob), Much Apu about Nothing...the list goes on. I even think there are some great new episodes, although they are much scarcer.

Yes, the muu-muu came to mind... and the ice cream truck.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 1:02 am

The problem people have with the Principal and the Pauper is the revelation that Principal Skinner's real name is Arman Tanzarian and the real Skinner was stuck in a Vietnamese prison all this time and returns to his principal post after all those years. Tanzaria, who explained that "once a nogoodnik, always a nogoodnik", explained that he was a juvenile delinquent who decided to steal the real Skinner's life when he didn't return and of course the mother couldn't tell, and with the return of the real Skinner would become once again a "nogoodnik". People realise that they miss the fake Skinner as principal and want him to be Skinner again. At the end a judge declares that Tanzarian really is Skinner and says that anyone who brings up the truth must be put to death.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 12:45 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
My favourite was the one where a bear is found in Springfield and illegal immigrants are eventually used as a scapegoat.

To tell the truth, I don't like that episode because I never really got it, I didn't understand most of what happened, and, above all, I found it boring.

I do like a load of others, howver. I'll just list a few I can think of at the moment.

The one where Bart goes to live with Mr.Burns in order to get his money some day. I just found bits of it funny, and watched it over and over again until I eventually got bored of it again. I do that with a lot of episodes.

The one where they go to "Itchy and Scratchy Land." That was funny also.

That one where Homer scores 300 in bowling. I liked the music at the beginning when he oversleeps.

I can't think of any more right now.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 11:48 pm

A bear is found in Springfield. People demand action. A Bear Patrol is set up armed with stealth bombers. Quimby announces a tax rise because of that but people protest so he decides to "show leadership" by blaming the illegal immigrants for the high taxes. Apu realises he is illegal so he must pass some citizenship test. Meanwhile, people are nasty towards him. I think that's what happens. Oh, and there's a referendum to go after the illegals based on a real Proposition passed in California under Pete Wilson that helped make that a blue state essentially by turning the Hispanics decisively against the Republicans.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

I forgot to say about one in Season 7 where Bart gets a driving lisecne and goes with his friends to Teneseee ( Right spelling?). There were quite a few funny moment in that.

Another favourite is the one in season 8 where Bart gets a credit card and gets a new dog. Then he gives away his old dog, and has a fantasy about his old dog being used to power a ship for some reason. After that, he goes to the window and you hear the sound of a ship's horn. Me and my Dad found that so funny.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

Anyone familiar with Banksy?

Well, this is his take on the Simpsons:

(If you get easily offended, don't click play.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo[/youtube]

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 2:10 pm

Simpsons Season Number - Favorite/Dislike

0 (shorts) - Haven't seen them all

1 - Bart the General/Some Enchanted Evening

2 - Treehouse of Horror/Dead Putting Society

3 - Stark Raving Dad or Homer at the Bat/Separate Vocations

4 - Marge vs the Monorail/Marge in Chains

5 - Cape Feare or Deep Space Homer/Lisa vs Malibu Stacy

6 - A Star is Burns or Lemon of Troy/Bart's Girlfriend, Lisa's Rival, The Springfield Connection or Two Dozen and One Greyhounds

7 - The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular or 22 Short Films About Springfield/Marge Be Not Proud

8 - The Mysterious Voyage of Homer (aka El Viaje Mysterioso de Nuestro Jomer)/The Old Man and the Lisa or A Milhouse Divided

9 - The City of New York vs Homer Simpson/The Principle and the Pauper (my most disliked) or Miracle on Evergreen Terrace (my most disliked Christmas themed episode)

10 - Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo/Wild Barts Can't Be Broken

11 - Hard to say. A lot of good ones. Can't find one to dislike.

12 - Same as 11 except I dislike Bye Bye Nerdie

13 - I am Furious (Yellow)/The Lastest Gun in the West

That's as far as I've seen for now.

poemadayguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2014, 1:24 pm

Homer The Smithers (Season 7) has to be my favourite episode ever. :)

Homer: Here are your messages: "You have 30 minutes to move your car," "You have 10 minutes," "Your car has been impounded," "Your car has been crushed into a cube," "You have 30 minutes to move your cube."
[phone rings]
Homer: [answering] Hello, Mr. Burns' office.
Mr. Burns: Is it about my cube?

:D :D

I love the Simpsons.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200

You are very likely an Aspie.

Culture Fair IQ:128 (Top 4%)

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm

I'm going to rock the boat and say my favorite episodes were the pre-series episodes. I don't know if anybody remembers, or has ever scene the episodes that were fillers on the Tracy Ullman show. My specific favorite, is the one where Homer keeps throwing a football to Bart, who can't catch it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:20 pm

Favorite/Dislike
Season 14 - How I Spent My Strummer Vacation/Old Yeller Belly

Future_Perfect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

Overall I like Season 2 the best, but my all-time favourite episode is "The Springfield Files" from Season 8.

The worst episode is probably one of the newer ones I haven't seen. The quality really dipped from around Season 10 onwards.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

my favorite is season 7's "22 Short Films About Springfield"

my least favorite is any clip show one. those are terrible (to me)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 6:09 pm

A lot of my favorite Simpsons episodes come from the earlier seasons. Some of my favorites include:

Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire
Every Treehouse of Horror episode
Marge Vs. The Monorail
Two Dozen and One Greyhounds
King-Size Homer
Homer's Barbershop Quartet

Some of the ones I dislike:

Lisa Goes Gaga
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot
The Principal and the Pauper
That 90s Show
Bart the Mother

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm

Seasons 4, 5 and 6 were my favorites. Individual episodes (that I can think of now):

-Homie the Clown
-Lisa's Rival
-Lisa on Ice
-Moaning Lisa (from Season 2; because I know what it's like to feel that way and feel like no one understands)
-Mr. Plow
-Treehouse of Horror V (I also like the later-season installment featuring "HOMER3"--that is, "cubed")
-And Maggie Makes Three
-Lisa's First Word
-Kamp Krusty
-Marge vs. the Monorail
-Homer Badman (and yes, I have slowed the ending credits :wink: )
-Homer Goes to College

Don't really have any I particularly disliked.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

Bart Gets Hit By a Car - I never liked that episode even if it did introduce Dr. Nick.