What type of people you attract/ What you don't attract.

Page 1 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

I am Liberal/non-militant atheist/former-muslim/introvert/geek guy.

The type of women that I usually attract:

1- Veiled Muslim women: It's pretty funny how these aggressively follow me even after knowing I am atheist, they're the most insisting group ever, I literally run away from them and they literally follow me. On dating sites, every time I click on a veiled woman's profile by mistake I got a message from her. Let alone the real life encounters - oh boy.

Maybe I should start grabbing their veils or something or put some Mohammed cartoons on my shirts - oh wait, that wouldn't work with them and would get me killed...by men. Not good.

2- Conservative Muslim women: Non-veiled yet conservative, Muslim and Druze alike; I might give them a shot depending on how much conservative and religious they are.

3- Liberal Christian women: they tend to like me, they just do. Dated recently at least 4 of this type.

4- Women from remote rural areas: This category overlaps with the second one but not always the case - those seem to like the "city allure" of city guys.

5- The well-cultured extroverts: These extroverts who DO like to read stuff and know stuff yet exhibit obvious extrovert traits and follow an extrovert lifestyle on weekends.

The type of women that I don't attract or even avoid me like the plague:

1- Conservative Christian women: By assuming I am Muslim, they run away - and by knowing I am atheist from a Muslim family, they run away anyway.

2- Atheist women: Weird! But they just don't, the very few I knew of them were even aggressive toward me and kinda 'bitchy'. And oh, they're often communists, I hate communism.

3- Geek/Nerd/Introvert women: they often want the opposite of them. Got big fails with those.

4- The party animals: Meh, like I care.

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

21 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

Oh, it's quite simple for me.

I attract:

1. Women I'm not interested in /attracted to

I do not attract:

1. Women I'm interested in / attracted to.

There are rare exceptions, of course! :lol:

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

I don't seem to attract many men. Those that do hit on me are the full pua types.

I do however have outstanding success when I go after the type of men I like. I like tall geeky computer game, sci fi nerds with aspie tendencies. I also love men in costumes. Sarcasm, weight and long hair is a plus.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 5:55 pm

I don't really attract anyone, even the ones I don't want.

I'd say out of hundreds of girls I've maybe attracted one or two, but it didn't matter because one had a boyfriend and the other lived in Florida. So, yay.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2012, 6:41 pm

I seem to be good at attracting women. Often great-looking, funny, cool, interesting women at that. If I wanted a girlfriend I could have my pick of the best - but I've never been remotely that way inclined.

As for men, I seem to attract the type who are looking for sex and don't take no for an answer, and compulsive liars.

The type of men I like are the shy, quiet, sweet and interesting types. (You know, the kind who are on here complaining no-one ever fancies them!) But as I'm painfully shy too, how would we ever make contact? These men usually end up going out with more outgoing women, probably because those women aren't scared to make the moves. And from being on here, it seems the men here would like to be asked out by a woman. So that tells me maybe I should try and work on getting the courage to make the approach, clearly the shy guys aren't quite that easily scared off after all.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

Any of the women who notice me or give me any attention are the ones who always have a boyfriend. Happens every time, they just want me to be their male buddy and nothing more.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 7:57 pm

Interesting question.
The type of guys I attract:

- They have a cause or a purpose outside of themselves that they have committed their lives to
- They tend to have a career in the sciences or the natural world - or systems, statistics, computers & promgramming (in other words, more geek related stuff)
- They tend to have a nice even balance between liking both intellectual stuff & hands on or physical activity
- While they have a few really good friends and lots of acquaintances, they tend to be loners for the most part and tend to be introverts
- When among people, they are not the loudest or the most aggressive in a group, but usually quiet although when they make a decision or veto someone else's decision, their word is final and unquestioned
- They like deep and meaningful discussion and reflect on life fairly frequently
- They usually have at least some similar tastes in music to me, and play at least one instrument
- We have at least one or two hobbies in common
- They tend to be way bigger than me, well built and muscular (I'm not sure why I attract that type, but I do)
- They are more opened mined and curious than most people are
- They tend to have a set of ethics that they do not break for anyone, including themselves
- They see through other peoples crap easily
- They tend to be very understanding, sweet, caring, protective and empathic, the kind natured type
- They tend to believe in god or some such thing, but are not religious (which is funny, because I am agnostic)
- They tend to be shy or nervous around me at first (apparently I intimidate people - I have no idea how though)
- Other people are threatened, intimidated or charmed by them - often all at once (not sure why or how)
- They love aniamls and interact with them much better than most humans
- They like parties but don't go to them that often (why people like to torture themselves like that I will never understand)
- They have a great, although usually very twisted, sense of humor
- Everyone in their circle of friends or acquaintances seeks them out for serious advice

Last edited by Kjas on 22 Nov 2012, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

Kjas wrote:
Interesting question.

- They have a cause or a purpose outside of themselves that they have committed their lives to
- They tend to have a career in the sciences or the natural world - or systems, statistics, computers & promgramming (in other words, more geek related stuff)
- They tend to have a nice even balance between liking both intellectual stuff & hands on or physical activity
- While they have a few really good friends and lots of acquaintances, they tend to be loners for the most part and tend to be introverts
- When among people, they are not the loudest or the most aggressive in a group, but usually quiet although when they make a decision or veto someone else's decision, their word is final and unquestioned
- They like deep and meaningful discussion and reflect on life fairly frequently
- They usually have at least some similar tastes in music to me, and play at least one instrument
- They tend to be way bigger than me, well built and muscular (I'm not sure why I attract that type, but I do)
- They tend to have a set of ethics that they do not break for anyone, including themselves
- They tend to be very understanding, sweet, caring, protective and empathic, the kind natured type
- They tend to believe in god or some such thing, but are not religious (which is funny, because I am agnostic)
- They tend to be shy or nervous around me at first (apparently I intimidate people - I have no idea how though)
- Other people are threatened, intimidated or charmed by them - often all at once (not sure why or how)
- They like parties but don't go to them that often (why people like to torture themselves like that I will never understand)

8O you must have attracted a lot of people if you are able to make a list like this. Also I just checked and I think I fit 15/19 of these qualities, and I think it would be fair to say that I'm attracted to you (or as much as I can be from just reading your posts occasionally).

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2012, 2:09 am

JRR wrote:
Oh, it's quite simple for me.

I attract:

1. Women I'm not interested in /attracted to

I do not attract:

1. Women I'm interested in / attracted to.

There are rare exceptions, of course! :lol:

This ^^^ definitely

EQ=15 (low) SQ=27 (average)
Alexithymia Quiz=128/185 (high)
Enneagram type: 5 ("The Investigator")

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2012, 2:11 am

I attract perverts.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 2:39 am

I tend to attract men who are looking for someone a bit different (with different thoughts to other women), but who are too overbearing for me.
I tend not to attract men who are stereotypically good-looking, sporty, or hipster (or whatever the latest "different is cool" trend is).

I don't tend to attract women, as far as I know.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 3:00 am

I attract (but don't want) women who:
- only want sex
- are militant athiests and very rude about my faith (as wavering as it may be)
- very, very unattractive and/or morbidly obese (and I place looks pretty low on the list)
- nuttier than a squirrel turd! I mean cuh-ray-zee!!
- men. (I'm not gay, but apparently I register on their radar?)
- are after ANYONE because their biological clock is ringing 4 alarms!
- lives across the globe...

I don't seem to attract (as far as I know) women who:
- are at least non-hostile towards my faith
- sane!
- interested in me for a significant relationship rather than shallow sex or FWB
- attractive enough that the sight of them (clothed OR naked) is an appealing thought!
- lives anywhere even remotely close enough to me to allow regular visits!

Last edited by BlueMax on 22 Nov 2012, 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 6:56 am

I forgot that too. I seem to attract men as well. Not fun. :(

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:23 am

I attract:
perverts
really fat guys
guys who live hundreds of miles away
anime/videogame nerds
guys that aren't funny

I don't attract:
pretty boys/popular type
guys I am attracted to
guys w/ similar religious beliefs

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:49 am

I attract trouble and lunatics.
I want a regular, decent woman.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 8:01 am

Kjas wrote:
Interesting question.

- Everyone in their circle of friends or acquaintances seeks them out for serious advice

My gawd, women.....

Your list sounds like more like a list of wishes and standards than what you really attract....