Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

The only time I've ever played a Halo game was on the original xbox and it gave me such a headache after minutes of playing, I never touched it again. I recently just bought Halo 4 and feel extremely meh about it. I know if I tell my friend I wanna get rid of it he'll try and keep me playing. I'm easily influenced (hence why I have it in the first place). I flat out suck. Does anyone have any tips for multiplayer and getting better? I'm willing to give it another go but am not holding my breath on it getting any better.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

Multiplayer can be pretty touch, the only way I am really getting more kills than deaths is to be stealthy, crouching and walking does not make you appear on the motion sensor, and doing it with active camo will keep you're camo from comming off, although you are slow and thus is important to read the motion sensor yourself. I combined that with quicker ability recharge and larger motion sensor though these take time to get, but just getting the invisibility can give you a bit of extra time.

I would recomend playing the campaign, just so you can become familiar with the weapons and such, nothing to be ashamed about playing the lowest difficulty, it took me a while on Normal as a veteran player to get used to some of the new weapons and vehicle. Also perhaps when you do play multiplayer, probably go more towards big teams, and try to fight along other players, if you prefer being up close you should try to wait for enemies to get closer.

And if you want to be prepared for other stealthy players, try to pay attention to where your other team mates are and movement on your motion sensor, if you see an enemy blip sudenly dissapear without making contact with team mates, then expect them to be sneaking, and if you see a bunch of blue blips on the sensor, then there is someone invisible around, be on the look out for invisible enemies. Promethean vision can be bane to such enemies, it can reveal right where I am hiding.

What annoys me is the skill that most players have with the mid to long range weapons like Battle rifle, DMR, Carbine, my aim is just not as steddy as others as I tend to miss for some reason, it is why I have prefered to use the closer range assault rifle, though you have to get them at clos range. I am useing the Light Rifle, but that is becaus I can stay calmer by attacking first since they wont see me, they are good for getting head shots when their shields are down. A sniper can be a head shot instant kill, but require precise timing and aim, again a reason I chose to use it while invisible.

A charged plasma pistol can knock out an enemies shields or temporarily dissable a vehicle like an EMP, although the speed makes it difficult to use. A plasma grenade can kill someone if you manage to stick it, requires just getting close and throwing it, might require some practice. Vehicle can be borded, if you can get close enough to a ghost without being squashed you can steal it, if you are up against a tank/mantis, try to sneak up behind it and jump on and either bash it or plant a grenade.

And lastly get used to melee someone if they get close, it does heavy damage and will either knock shields out, or if they are already down, kill them. Holding the melee button down when you hit someone from behind will also do an assasination, this is an instant kill that is awesome to watch, one of my favourite techniques in snkeaking up behind someone.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 8:20 pm

Test out different aim sensitivity's. I tend to have best accuracy and speed at 6 or 7. It takes time getting used to though.

Bosun117
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

The one surefire way to get better at multiplayer is to actually play multiplayer. It takes getting used to, but it's certainly worth it. Also, experiment with different loadout combinations to see which best suits your playing stlye. If you prefer going for headshots, start with a battle rifle or covenant carbine. If you like to spray and pray, use an assualt rifle or storm rifle.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 12:50 am

I'd recommend checking the different control scheme options and see if any of the others suit you better. I personally like Recon. And as suggested before, different aim sensitivities to find one that works better for you.