Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 4:33 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Please elaborate.

The influence of religion on public life and in lawmaking is the main reason why these countries are still as barbaric as they are.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
Seperating Church from the world is not going to help the gay killings in Uganda I assure you. It's just going to make things worse.

Um, what? That doesn't really make any sense, considering how religion has been used in the past to justify this kind of thing. I'm not sure if it really applies to this particular situation, but theocracies are never a good thing. I think you're misunderstanding; our goal should be separating church from state, not eradicating religion. Religion doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, obviously, just when it's used to harm others (which may be the case here, I'm not sure).

Exactly. I agree.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

I heard that a couple years ago, three American evangelists traveled to Uganda and told the Ugandan government about their beliefs on gays, saying that gays were dangerous to society and all of that other crap. Such was the origin of the first "Kill the Gays" bill. One of those anti-gay evangelists is being sued by a group in Uganda who supports gays, lesbians, bi-sexuals, transgender people, etc.

I also heard that about 10% of the world's population is homosexual. There are 31 million people in Uganda, so, in theory, there should be 3.1 million homosexual people in that country, rather than the current estimate of 500,000.

I just figured this stuff would be worth adding to the conversation.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

Dragoness wrote:
I heard that a couple years ago, three American evangelists traveled to Uganda and told the Ugandan government about their beliefs on gays, saying that gays were dangerous to society and all of that other crap. Such was the origin of the first "Kill the Gays" bill. One of those anti-gay evangelists is being sued by a group in Uganda who supports gays, lesbians, bi-sexuals, transgender people, etc.

Scott Lively (the piece of s**t being sued), Don Schmierer (the guy from Exodus International who responded to David Kato's death by complaining about receiving Hate Mail) and Caleb Lee Brundidge (an "ex-gay" evangelical).

Two psychopaths and a useful idiot...

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2013, 10:48 am

I honestly doubt that Uganda are likely to pay much attention to internet petitions, as much as I agree with the intent of this one.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 2:18 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Dragoness wrote:

Scott Lively (the piece of sh** being sued), Don Schmierer (the guy from Exodus International who responded to David Kato's death by complaining about receiving Hate Mail) and Caleb Lee Brundidge (an "ex-gay" evangelical).

Two psychopaths and a useful idiot...

Three evil motherf***ers doing their sacred duty of destroying people's lives in the name of their god. I'm truly starting to see religion as a scourge on humanity.

Crazygirl79
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2013, 2:15 am

Signed!!

Everyone deserves and has the right to be treated equally!!

S

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 6:54 pm

Signed it.