Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Destidude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Rubensteiner wrote:
Destidude wrote:
Rubensteiner: ... I'm curious what sort of (I assume negative) things you said about the project.

So I found grammar errors in the project's blueprints and I became totally annoyed seeing that that was an asymmetric prototype. I proposed a symmetric one.

The grammar don't needed to be corrected in that moment and the prototype was only a prototype.

What made people dislike my opinion was the how I said that, not what i said.

My english is not very good because I'm not a native speaker of this language. I'm saying this only because I did the point about grammar errors.

Yeah, nitpicking about grammar for a prototype is probably not going to win you any favours.

Destidude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

Moondust wrote:
Destidude wrote:
Moondust: since you're a "friendly, joking person at work and outside work" I gather you do reasonably well socially, unlike a lot of Aspies. What do you get ostracized for?

NLD presents as very outgoing and sociable, but no less weird than AS, so the results are the same ostracism.

Interesting, I don't know much about NLD but then again I'm still kind of new to AS.

Destidude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2012, 10:23 am

Pompei wrote:
I can easily do information exchange. I don't do social stuff to build alliances and play office politics. I am retired now but my career ended early due to my choice and my lack of ability to play the game well. I am so happy to be away from that torture chamber.

Oh, how I hate office politics, alliances and the game. I do my best to stay clear of that but I know opting out has its career disadvantages. What line of business were you in?

Pompei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

Destidude wrote:
Pompei wrote:
I can easily do information exchange. I don't do social stuff to build alliances and play office politics. I am retired now but my career ended early due to my choice and my lack of ability to play the game well. I am so happy to be away from that torture chamber.

Oh, how I hate office politics, alliances and the game. I do my best to stay clear of that but I know opting out has its career disadvantages. What line of business were you in?

I did corporate Financial Analysis for many years.

alcockell
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2015, 5:35 am

Destidude wrote:
Si_82 wrote:
I think most do this to a degree just maybe more exaggerated for aspies.

I agree that it happens to a degree for NTs but nevertheless they seem to do relatively well with casual chitchat. I feel particularly awkward with jokes are flying around a meeting room or faking smiles while passing others in the hallway. While I generally suck at and dislike small-talk in any context, I'm definitely worse at it during work. I wonder how many Aspies stay in work-mode even when in a social context.

Oh yep... I contrast the highly social folk who deftly swim the social scene at balls, 3-day events and so on - events that I saw from the other side as a member of St John Ambulance...

I have been a techie at every church I attended - I wouldn't know where to start if I didn't have a job to do..

Gets very lonely and isolating though..