Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2012, 5:23 am

I recently heard about this iphone/ipad app, so I downloaded it, and basically it is amazing. about 100000 people are tapping away at a cube to carve bits off of it. At the minute the cube is 19 (days I believe) old, and 42 layers have been removed. The image appears to be an old poem (those of you interested in literature may recognise it, although I don't know.

The hook is that the person who chisels away at the last cube gets "life changing information" that they can choose to share with the world or keep to themselves. Its free, so no worries about that really. Anyone else playing curiosity?

(edit, 42 and 24 are rather different numbers...)

Last edited by iggy64 on 25 Nov 2012, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 7:56 am

there are a couple of groups that have already automated the clicking process to generate millions of clicks,

i reckon one of these groups will crack the last cube, if not because of speed then because of the absolutely huge amount of ingame coin they must accumulate, it is almost feasible that some of those groups could buy the "remove an entire layer" chisel and use it on the last layer to ensure their own victory.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

I just downloaded it to check it out and am already hooked. This is better than scratching my scalp! New stim game perhaps?

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:59 pm

Maybe the "life changing information" is to "buy Ovaltine".

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

Aharon wrote:
I just downloaded it to check it out and am already hooked. This is better than scratching my scalp! New stim game perhaps?

Stim game is probably the description I was looking for there, it certainaly is.

I saw the end of the 43rd layer, which was the poem/book pages. Now the layer underneath is red, and that is nearly uncovered as well. I'm not actually too interested in the special surprise, but seeing what the next layer will be is keeping me hooked (for now, anyway). Hopefully if a group does get the secret, they share it anyway.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2012, 8:11 pm

Great. Something to eat my time

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 12:26 am

I can't stop playing now bwaaaa! It's pretty cool, drawing on there and stuff.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.