Desire to live in your imagination

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

Have you ever wished that you could live in your own mind? I like my life, but sometimes I think it can be very boring. During those times, I wish that my life could be as interesting or fun as my imagination. Like I'll wish that I was a rock-star or an alchemist like Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm pretty sure everyone (not just aspies) occasionally feels like this.

Last edited by BlueElephantKing on 27 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 2:06 am

If I got to live in my imaginary world, I would get to hang out in a scenic, colorful world with various Johnny Depp characters and My Little Ponies, among other fictional characters who I have grown attached to. It would certainly be much more interesting than the life I am living now.

madnak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2012, 2:17 am

Constantly. It might be classifiable as an obsession.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 8:16 am

I have a fantasy, in which I have the same powers as Sunset Grace from the X-Men had - she could open the gate to a portal, which she could control according to her wishes, filling it any sort of environment she wanted :D I'd love to be able to do the same - I'd model the inside of it after movies, books, games, real places and comic books I know and like :D

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 9:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
Yeah, I really badly desperately want to marry my bus-driver, live in Colchester, and not have to work, just get buses in his company for free (because I heard spouses of bus-drivers can have free busrides in the particular company), and just use the local buses to get to a voluntary job in charity shops. I want my life to be like that so much that I just try to close my eyes and imagine that it's like that. Well, it's hard to imagine that my life is like that completely, but I do often imagine him in bed with me.....just wish it would come true!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Then you need to watch the first fifty minutes of this movie! Here a couple of clips. A little spoiler in the second one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmecDKCQ1o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqpvPW9j6M[/youtube]