Is ADHD with ASD/NVLD usually a limited form of ADHD?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

For People that consider themselves ASD/NVLD, and have ADHD or similar level of ADHD problems
Good at proofreading 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
Neutral/don't know 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Bad at proofreading 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

ASD and ADHD here and bad at proof-reading my own texts or other known texts (without meds). Also bad at re-reading longer texts.

I'm most amazing at pointing out spelling mistakes however (as in "details that are out of place") when failing to focus on whatever else is of importance such as, for example, factual context or fictional scenario that I really should be paying attention to instead.

Shouting out that there's a spelling mistake or even a whole word missing in the assignment task when right and left of me, the other students are already starting to solve the problem and writing down stuff as if I am the sole person in the room who just went through a major time lag of mysterious origin because I didn't even manage to start up my text editor yet despite my ridiculous can't-stay-still kind of nature - perfectly in line with ADHD as far as I'm concerned.

There isn't a single task that one with ADHD cannot possibly pay attention to. The attention "deficit" is a matter of circumstances even in high levels of severity.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

I don't have ADHD, but one thing that I can't focus on is watching videos. I can't watch a few minute video without doing something else. Videos are completely unstimulating to my brain. I can't learn anything from watching videos.