Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 11:00 am

I have always been and still am afraid of vomiting.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

my dad's alarm clock, loud booming noises coming from the sky.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AmalieAmalieAmalie
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2014, 2:14 am

I was afraid of ticking clocks. I was afraid of ERRORS, blue screens, my playstation not being able to read cd's, my computer making loud noises, viruses, and I still am I get paralyzed whenever they occur.
I'm also afraid of flushing toilets... and toilets in general.
I also have one weird fear, when I'm walking up the stairs and someone tries to talk to me from another room I panic and either run up, or down the stairs I get so afraid and I dont even know why, it's always been like that.
I'm afraid of being in a boat and being able to see the bottom of the sea, or seaweed, just seeing anything from the sea, when I was younger i used to play this disney game where i would skate and accidentally go down into the water, and I'd start crying of fright..

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 6:46 pm

When I was about 4, I was deathly afraid that my grandmother would poop on my favorite pair of bunny-shaped scissors, and for some reason I would (not knowing what I was doing) masturbate when worrying about it.

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2020, 9:32 pm

Old pictures and paintings

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 9:39 pm

Old people
Trees with no leaves in winter
The concept of time
Clocks - especially grandfather clocks, watch pendants
The game Candy Land
Marriage - if my husband died I didn't know what to do with his body

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2020, 9:41 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
When I was about 4, I was deathly afraid that my grandmother would poop on my favorite pair of bunny-shaped scissors, and for some reason I would (not knowing what I was doing) masturbate when worrying about it.

I have masturbate for as long as I can remember

playgroundlover
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2020, 7:02 pm

KaminariNoKage wrote:
Usually something bathroom related.
Flushing toilets,
Taking showers/taking off my clothes (I had this weird idea that there were rats in the wall who were video-taping me)

I have gotten over these - but public restrooms have only come to replace them.

When I was very young (approximately 2 years old), I had something very traumatic happen to me. My mom put me on a toilet to use the bathroom, not realizing it would flush on it's own but while I was using the bathroom, the sensor went off and I got sucked into the toilet bowl. My mom had to pull me out of the toilet and she said I was all red and wet. Every since then, I have had a fear of public restrooms. It's gotten a little better since I was a kid and I have developed many coping strategies such as not squatting instead of sitting in public and putting a "sticky" on an automatic sensor whenever possible to avoid flushing while I am going. I also block my ears in case it does flush while I am going and sometimes if no one is around, I will sing a familiar song while I go to calm me down. I have even given myself "pep talks" to make myself go. Mostly though, when I was a kid, I would ask to go to the bathroom when I didn't have to just to "check it out" for when the real emergency came. However, when I did really have to go, I would either have an accident on purpose to avoid the public toilets or just try to hold it if I could but my mom or someone would always notice and then ask where the restroom was and make me go. My mom would always hold me hand in the stall and make me feel safe.
In elementary school, I was allowed to have a "bathroom buddy" to come with me to the bathroom. Sometimes, she would stand in front of the stall so I would feel safe and know that a friend was nearby in case anything happened. Also, I have always had favorite or prefered stalls since I was a kid, especially in school. If my "safe" stall was used, I would wait until it was free. If someone came into the bathroom I would just say "you go ahead, I'm waiting for someone." If they insisted I go, I would go into the stall and come out when my stall was open. I can remember once in 3rd grade when a teacher who wasn't mine and therefore wasn't aware of my fear told me to quit standing around wasting time and go into one of the 2 empty stalls, do my business, and get back to class. She didn't know any better and thought I was just a kid wanting to fool around with my friends and waste time to avoid class. I ran into the stall and started tearing up with fear. The seat was the wrong color and the flusher was different. It just wasn't my stall. Then, another teacher came in and saw me upset and asked what was wrong and I told her I got in trouble for waiting for my stall to open up, she was kind and told me not to worry and that if I ever needed anything to come to her if my regular teacher wasn't around.
Another time that same year, part of the ceiling caved into my stall so I was stuck using the nurse's bathroom until I learned to use a new stall. I liked the nurse's bathroom because it looked like someone's house bathroom or a hotel bathroom but without a shower. Also, I never used the bathroom in 5th grade because in 5th grade I moved upstairs to the other school wing and I was too afraid to use that bathroom because it looked darker, older, and scarier than the one I was used to. Even though on the first day, my teacher asked me privately if I wanted to see the bathroom so I could get used to it in case I had to use it and I politely declined because I was too shy.
Long story short, this fear has greatly impacted me. I especially have never, nor will I ever, use a stainless steel toilet. Those are the scariest looking toilets I have ever seen in my entire life! I'll even use an automatic toilet before I use one of those. Also, I do not use porta potties. This fear has impacted my ability to learn how to swim. I cannot go underwater without freaking out. And indoor pools are worse than outdoors pools because of the locker rooms and "black lines" painted along the pool. I could go on for another 10 pages but I won't bore you all. :|

lols4984
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2022, 8:15 am

Due to watching the gruffallo child I was TERRIFIED of shadows

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2022, 2:36 am

Petrified of moths (medium to large ones) my skin is crawling just typing this. I can't stand them because they are so intrusive and their wings creep the mess out of me. that uncontrollable spiraling is too much for me. I don't even like to see them die....i can't stand seeing them at all. i almost jumped out of a car once. i'm afraid it will land on me and stick. and my family makes light of it (especial my cousin) funny thing is butterflies (not crazy about them) don't bother me as bad. they're more graceful.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2022, 5:06 pm

ET scared the crap out of me
Janice from the muppets hahahahahahah....i was so afraid her eyes would fly open.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 5:21 pm

Dead bugs, public bathrooms, anything and everything to do with vomiting, many logos that appeared at the end of prime-time TV shows.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2022, 2:01 pm

I keep seeing people refer to fear of vomit and I couldn't agree more. Any bodily fluid, I cannot even say them. If I see it, its stuck in my head and I cannot even function well. Forget eating or drinking. I can ruin my entire outing. Certain things are less a fear and more of a crippling discomfort.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 2:52 pm

Any inanimate object coming to life, particularly my Victorian doll with the parasol.

CosmicFerrets
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2022, 9:19 am

I was scared of men with beards, and the numbers 9 and 5. I still really dislike beards, although I'm no longer scared of them.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:21 am

I'm still scared of 9.

Also Black Diamond cheese.