Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

Whats something weird you were scared of as a kid? A couple of mine are= I was scared of the number 9 at one point (seriously). Also the drowning music on the Sonic games scared me: and still kinda does to be honest. link for those who havent played [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME[/youtube]

Tonydev
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2012, 4:32 pm

Grandfather clocks and big bird from Sesame Street

Feel free to PM me, I like meeting new people online

UnseenSkye
Raven
Raven

27 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

THIS will sound a bit, well, obvious (as in "birth trauma"), although I must explain to you that I was born via Cesarean Section and so did not "exit" my mother normally.

I was terrified of holes in the ground. I'm not speaking gigantic craters or abandoned wells, here. A relatively shallow and small "depression" (maybe five inches deep and eight inches in diameter) would cause me to back up in fear. I have no idea from where this fear derived. I have no memory of having fallen into a hole (in THIS lifetime, anyway). I gradually grew out of this one, although to this day I am afraid of being up on human-engineered high places. I've no problem climbing mountains (going up OR down), but to walk to the middle of a bridge overlooking a very deep gorge and looking over the edge? I crawl back off the bridge on all fours.

I also developed a fear of having blood drawn or IVs inserted and haven't got a clue about THIS, either. Very few people LIKE needles, I realize. I'm not afraid of getting a shot for some reason... it's about the needle in the vein. I actually have to be sedated or my blood pressure sinks so low that I will pass out. There is nothing that can be done -- every trick has been tried. My feet can be elevated way over my head and I'll STILL pass out. Soothing music, calm atmosphere, subliminal suggestions, hypnotherapy... what works is: place one sub-lingual 1 mg Ativan under my tongue and go away for 30 minutes.

Also had a fear of glass getting into soft drinks until about age of eight or nine. I'd take the cap off the bottle and then inspect, inspect, inspect... like an OCD I outgrew.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

Afraid that airplanes would fall out of the sky and land on me.
Afraid the devil would appear in the mirror behind me or come into my room at night and swing me around by the feet.

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

Usually something bathroom related.
Flushing toilets,
Taking showers/taking off my clothes (I had this weird idea that there were rats in the wall who were video-taping me)

I have gotten over these - but public restrooms have only come to replace them.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:13 pm

I used to be afraid of the Bullseye Barbacue Sauce logo:

I used to be afraid that it would come to life and terrorize me in my room at night. So in order to keep it at bay, I performed a ritualistic dance whenever I felt afraid of it.

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2012, 6:42 pm

As a kid I did this experimentation with fear. I wanted to see if I could make something scary out of anything. I came up with the idea of a tornado that would come out of my shower head and kidnap me, and take me to his evil layer on top of some mountain.
The rules were that whenever I flushed the toilet, the countdown would start, and I had to get some sink water splashed on the counter before the water was done running in the toilet or the tornado would appear in my shower and suck me away.
Well it worked, and I was afraid of a tornado appearing in my shower for years on end, and was always getting water on the counter or running out of the bathroom.

Got over it, but it's still funny to think about. The tornado never appeared. Hmmm. Go figure.

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

Also not me but my mom said she was scared of shower heads for some reason and this one time she was too scared to take a shower at someone's house because they had a really big shower head..

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2012, 8:36 am

I feared beavers, and I still do. Then, I was scared from a room in my uncle's house. Then I had other fears, but these are the things I feared the most.

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Couple more i remember are: I went through a phase where for some reason I was really scared of getting poisoned and so whenever I got a bad taste in my mouth I would keep spitting incase I had swallowed poison some how. Also both me and my brother were scared of burglars coming when we were home alone and sometimes we would even get the baseball bats out of the closet just in case a burglar showed up.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

My grandma's cuckoo clock. :lol:

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2012, 1:09 am

I was once absolutely terrified of the glass doorknobs in my parents' house hahaha. Still have no idea why...

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 6:30 am

Marybird wrote:
Afraid that airplanes would fall out of the sky and land on me.

Thats funny Marybird because I too was going to post that, I used to have endless nightmares of an airplane diving out of control towards me, so I would run in a different direction and the plane would just corkscrew so it was always pointing towards me whatever direction I ran.

I was also very afraid of stinging nettles.

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

As a four year old, I was afraid of a clock ticking. I used to run through rooms that had clocks as fast as I could and cover my ears.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

I was afraid of being stung by bees early in elementary school.

Araki
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2012, 4:42 am

demons, shopping malls, train stations and public toilets