Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 1:39 am

Super Hexagon is one, it's horrific XD My BF is great at it, but I can barely live in the first difficulty (named Hard). It just came out for Steam, but it was a phone game first. DO NOT underestimate the game because it's a phone game. It's evil, I swear. But a fun evil XD

What other evil games do you know of, and do you like them or dislike them?

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 1:40 am

Accidental double post, sorry :(

Last edited by ebec11 on 28 Nov 2012, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2012, 2:32 am

I'm sure a lot of gamers would agree with me, but Dark Souls for the 360, PS3 and now, PC. No other game, not even its prequel, has pushed me so close to the edge of sanity :). The plus side is, once you've put in the hours, effort, blood/sweat/tears (sweat and tears literally, you will cry) you'll be rewarded with an unforgettable experience. I haven't played Dark Souls since I beat it last January and it still pops into my head at least a few times a week.

Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2012, 3:35 am

I wanna be the boshi.

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2012, 7:08 am

XCOM last night was just pure evil.

I just lost my 20 hour Normal Ironman mode when Nigeria said F**K YOU YOU SHOULD F***ING KILL YOURSELF

And then the council said f**k you as well.

Well f**k you too!

;_;

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

I seem to suck at platformers in general. :P So for me that goes for some of the old Mario games, Donkey Kong Country games(including the one Retro made for the Wii), some old Sonic games, etc. Recently was able to beat Jet Set Radio, but not without feeling really frustrated. My days of raging at video games are over and now I usually just put them down if I'm no longer having fun, but this game got me pretty close to throwing a fit despite how addictive it is.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

quux
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

If this is about how hard some games can be, I can distinctly remember NES games like the Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden series, that never failed to punish my every attempt at going through them. DooM games on nightmare difficulty are not even remotely fair, but then again, you get an explicit warning about that.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

For a twist, I'll say Civilization... it's evil because not only can you do terrible, terrible things... you can easily see every minute of your waking life sucked into it!! :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

28 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

For a literally evil game, get Lucius. It's about this kid who gets these "unholy" powers from Satan himself, and uses them to kill everyone in his house. It sounds kind of disturbing, but it's actually quite funny.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 3:17 pm

By "evil" you mean difficult, right? Hope I interpreted that correctly.

From recent years I'll say Super Meat Boy and also the upper difficulty levels of the Trials games (HD and Evolution).

I love Super Meat Boy in spite of, and partly because of, the difficulty. Finishing tough levels in that game is so very satisfying. I generally only enjoy difficult games if the controls are sensitive enough to accommodate it. If a game is challenging mostly because of sh***y controls, I will find it neither enjoyable or satisfying.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

As far as actual "evil" games go, I think some of Suda51's games kind of fit that description. Not so much in either Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop Chainsaw as the protagonists in those games are generally good, but both the No More Heroes games deal more with vengeance and don't really have any "good guys" as the entire concept is a competition between assassins. Killer7 could be included, too, depending on how you look at it, and it's a bit more serious than any of the other games I mentioned.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

Evil?

There is no greater evil than an RPG game that takes nearly a YEAR to finish (yes its that complicated, full of storyline, quests and stuff to do and explore)...

and in the end, in the very final battle...

you find out that one of the items you started the game with, a Glass Sword... is the only weapon that can defeat a monster that guards the entrance to the 'last ultimate boss'.

... and that thing is completely useless in the entire game. Most people dropped or destroyed (using it as a weapon it breaks) it at the very start of the game.

It is evil. You cannot get the sword again once its gone. You have to re-start the game and keep that damned sword.

Not evil enough? You do it, you get to the final boss... kill him.. and the boss drops..

..a glass sword.

AAAAAAAGHHH :twisted:

No one does game like Origin did. I miss Ultima RPGs :(

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

The last boss in Kingdom Hearts 3D is crazy hard especially on proud difficulty.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 8:05 pm

I meant evil as in hard, but evil as in evil is fun to hear about too :)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 2:07 am

Spelunky is another hard one too. Not sure if I would consider it evilllll hard, but pretty hard nonetheless.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 2:12 am

Quest Of Ki.

Poor Arino was such a good sport about it too.