Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 3:43 pm

Growing up I hardly ever moved my arms when I walked. One day someone asked me why I did not move my arms while i walked. This was strange to me, I did not realized I did not move them while walking. Ever since then I have been kind of paranoid about moving my arms or not not moving them enough while walking. Any of you guys have a similar problem?

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 3:53 pm

I never quite know what I should be doing with my arms but whatever I am doing it never looks quite right! I worry about hand flapping, so for me just keeping them still is good enough. I know I don't look right. Often when I am standing still talking to someone, I sort of wrap my arms round myself without noticing - that looks really odd but I just can't seem to behave like a normal person.

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

SilkySifaka wrote:
I never quite know what I should be doing with my arms but whatever I am doing it never looks quite right! I worry about hand flapping, so for me just keeping them still is good enough. I know I don't look right. Often when I am standing still talking to someone, I sort of wrap my arms round myself without noticing - that looks really odd but I just can't seem to behave like a normal person.

ya I know how you feel!

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2012, 6:29 pm

I'm never sure what to do with my arms either! When walking I usually have one on my hip and the other round my bag, and when sitting I have my hands over my knees, between my thighs, or wrapped over myself so each hand is under the opposite arm.

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
I'm never sure what to do with my arms either! When walking I usually have one on my hip and the other round my bag, and when sitting I have my hands over my knees, between my thighs, or wrapped over myself so each hand is under the opposite arm.

oh wow so this is an aspie thing?

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

I have bad posture. I hunch over when I walk, especially in public. I hunch more in public than when I'm at home. I'm not at all sure what I do with my arms because I haven't really paid attention. Does anyone else have bad posture?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

Hands go in pockets.

End of problem. :)

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Hands go in pockets.

it would just feel weird walking with hands in pockets all the time. Am I thinking too much about this? lol

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

bornlie wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Hands go in pockets.

it would just feel weird walking with hands in pockets all the time. Am I thinking too much about this? lol

No such thing as "thinking too much." Most people don't think enough.

Anyway, I'm sure I look weird with my hands in my pockets all the time, but I find it soothing.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 7:29 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
bornlie wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Hands go in pockets.

No such thing as "thinking too much." Most people don't think enough.

Anyway, I'm sure I look weird with my hands in my pockets all the time, but I find it soothing.

true :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 9:11 pm

I do it but I don't find it to be a problem.
Yes, it probably does make me look like a massive dork, but I embraced my dork side long ago. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

AlmaBrown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

People tell me that I walk weirdly. I shove my hands in my pockets (always). I'll walk down the street while reading if I don't have them in my pockets (so good at this). If I can't do either of these things I feel quite awkward with my hands. I also don't "walk" so much and "stomp around with purpose"... or so I'm told.

bornlie
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

wow you guys are amazing!

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

I cant stand walking with my hands in my pockets because if I trip I cant catch myself

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 11:59 pm

I walk with my hands in my pockets most of the time. My mother rips my hands out of my pockets when she sees this, because she thinks that I will trip and fall on my face.

bornlie
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2012, 1:07 am

btbnnyr wrote:
I walk with my hands in my pockets most of the time. My mother rips my hands out of my pockets when she sees this, because she thinks that I will trip and fall on my face.

ouch