Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

Hello, am C (initial of my first name), 33 years old, male and live in a port city. I got diagnosed about 3 years.

My current interests Literature, Philosophy, History, Art, Computer Science, Chess and real ale.
At the moment am teaching my self Latin, reading Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, plus studying the works of Herodotus and Pre-Socratic philosophy. I would like to go back to university to read Classics, I did Computer Science at a Russell Group university many years ago. I need to get around to fixing a few of my old computers and at the same time brush up on my linux/unix skills.

Some time very soon I'll need some advice about self advocacy, as I have a huge opportunity to make big changes(in which right now I can't go into details about for confidential reasons). All I can say about it for now, is that if it goes well (to my ideal goal & plan) then I might play a key role in helping an organization draft up an Autism friendly strategy and policy, the first of its type in the UK for a body working an specific business sector. :wink:

Last edited by Utnapishtim on 01 Dec 2012, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

Hello! I'm from a shipbuilding town in Cumbria, I'm based in London now, and I do miss that part of the world at times.

The autism strategy sounds like a very exciting development, best of luck with that.

I've always wanted to learn Latin but never got a chance to, I might have a try at teaching myself as I already have experience with learning languages.

So, welcome! Stick around and chat a while, it's nice here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2012, 1:46 am

Hi and welcome C. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2012, 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone and hello. :D

@ColdEyesWarmHeart

Northern Monkey, come back up this side of the Watford Gap then if you miss the North West! :lol:

I learnt a few computer programming langues by teaching myself, so I thought what the hell and try it as a cheaper alternative to night school classes.

Am waiting on a date for a meeting with the board of directors and the CEO of this organization. :wink:

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:17 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)