Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Hi Guys/Gals

Ok so im looking at getting a handheld console but not sure what one.

currently got my eye on an nintendo 3ds xl as there are several games im interested in(the two resident evils,tales of the abyss,harvest moon and of course pokemon). it is however a fair bit of cash and im not absolutely sure.

so what do you guys think?, is the 3Ds a good choice? or is something like the ps vita etc better.

any helpful advice will be great

kthnxbye

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

I'd choose 3DS over Vita. If only because 3DS is at least backwards compatible with the amazing DS library.

Although if it were my choice, I'd go with DS Lite. Considerably cheaper if money is an issue. All the amazing DS games and GBA games. But I'm old.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 8:58 pm

Things don't go well for the Vita, sales are very poor. So it's propably better to look for a 3DS, as the future is more promising.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

3DS here as well. The 3D is pretty nice, but it'll make you dizzy.

DS Lites are pretty cheap these days. So I agree on those as well.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2012, 11:42 pm

thanks 4 the help guys ,picked up a red 3dsxl today along with a resi game and a metal gear solid one which i had no idea was on 3ds.also borrowed a couple pokemon games from a friend :)

loving it so far, definitely happy with my choice lots of interesting features as well.