Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

I just found these in the feeds of people I subbed to on YouTube. Both aired publicly on April of this year. Why didn't I know about this sooner?! This is horrible!! !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNHR2z_E8hE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssc8mUqUEqE[/youtube]

I'm losing faith in humanity because of all this.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 11:33 pm

Watching those videos have made me lose all faith in humanity and mainstream society.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Shocking. Appalling. I'm afraid I have no other words.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 12:02 am

Glad CNN aired the first video, and I'm actually surprised that they did in all honesty.

However as to the second video, I believe Fox News later reported on the other incident that you posted the video on, and they have also reported on several other instances of people on the spectrum being abused.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 1:52 am

Interesting, although not shocking in the least. (Inadvertent pun - no offence intended)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

See also here, from May 2012: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt197635.html

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 8:08 pm

Some people need to go to prison over what I saw in that 2nd video. PERIOD.
WTF kind of as*holes restrain somone spread-eagle like that THEN repeatedly torture them?
:x

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 9:57 pm

Disgusting.They treated the kid on the 2nd video that way because he wouldn't take off his coat,how could you even justify that .Sickening.
I got off easy,the worst that happened to me was a 250lb or so house parent at a children's home made me sit in a chair and then he sat on me to keep me from getting up.This caused trauma for the other kids too,they started screaming for him to get up.Another time as punishment I was made to sleep on the bare floor with no pillow or blanket,I had been "bad."
I wouldnt be surprised that something like that happened 30 or so years ago but to see that disabled kids are still treated barbarically is very discouraging.Will we ever learn to treat people decently?What hope do they have if care-givers(if you can call them that)torture them?

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

This is truly saddening...yet most normal people are fine with this. Such bastards...

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Quote:
Disgusting.They treated the kid on the 2nd video that way because he wouldn't take off his coat,how could you even justify that .Sickening.

Tell me about it. WTF difference can it make whether he takes his coat off not? What, did they think he had a sub-machinegun under his coat? :roll:
Its seems to be all about blind obedience coupled with the severest and arbitrary punishment.
I’m in favor of discipline but that’s not discipline it’s sadism plain and simple.
I’m eager too see where this goes.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:30 am

Even though I have always been anti-Fox News, kudos to it for exposing various atrocities that exist in society. Those who tortured McCullen are so inhumane that they ought to be punished severely. To all NTs: Just because we Aspies might seem easy to bully doesn't give any of you the right to bully us. I didn't finish watching the first video because I was so disgusted by the abusers' antics.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 9:07 pm

I probably shouldn't have watched any of that. :( I was already depressed tonight and those videos are horrifyingly appalling. :(

I honestly don't know whether I'm more heartbroken and upset or angry. What I'd give to give those abusers a taste of their own medicine... :x

Misslizard wrote:
I got off easy,the worst that happened to me was a 250lb or so house parent at a children's home made me sit in a chair and then he sat on me to keep me from getting up.This caused trauma for the other kids too,they started screaming for him to get up.Another time as punishment I was made to sleep on the bare floor with no pillow or blanket,I had been "bad."
I wouldnt be surprised that something like that happened 30 or so years ago but to see that disabled kids are still treated barbarically is very discouraging.Will we ever learn to treat people decently?What hope do they have if care-givers(if you can call them that)torture them?

I'm so sorry that all of that happened to you. :(

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

God that is soooo depressing.

Power and control. Power and control.

For them it's all about power `and control. That's why they see threat in anything that doesn't conform-- "theory of mind" is actually a pretty rare animal; they simply assume that everyone thinks like them and it is all an attempt to seize their power and control.

Power and control. So, so sad.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 11:09 am

LadybugS wrote:
I probably shouldn't have watched any of that. :( I was already depressed tonight and those videos are horrifyingly appalling. :(

I honestly don't know whether I'm more heartbroken and upset or angry. What I'd give to give those abusers a taste of their own medicine... :x

I'm so sorry that all of that happened to you. :(

Thank you. I don't get how people think that mistreating another person can ever help.I would not treat an animal the way those poor kids were treated.How are they ever going to trust?It explains why lots of us are leary of people.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 12:04 pm

My oldest son spent almost two years in a school using very similar techniques. We were not aware of just how bad his treatment really was until close to the end of the second year when he started biting and/or hitting his teachers. Of course that was all we were told. We were not told why he was doing it until he got home and got the full story from him. You guessed it. They were restraining him, and shortly afterward we finally actually saw it being done first hand to another student during a visit. It was a lot like these videos.

And these idiots wonder why they're acting out! He never did anything like that before going to that school. Ever. Yet when we pointed that fact out to them, they looked at us with blank faces, and calmly said things like, "Well he wasn't being cooperative."

No **** stupid. Who the heck would be if they daily saw you treating kids like this?

What on earth causes stupidity of this level?

Needless to say, we pulled him out to "home school" him until the end of the year. What we actually did was nothing. We simply allowed him time to do whatever he wanted to for a few months, to detox from this kind of idiotic treatment.

The following year, we put him directly back into public school, and forced the district to write into his IEP that as long as he was not disrupting the rest of the class, he was to be left alone. If he were disrupting the class, kindly ask that he go to his case manager's office where he could let off steam, and if that didn't seem to be helping, CALL US and we would pick him up and take him home.

We only had to pick him up a few times after that. Since then, he's not had any behavioral problems at school (for five straight years now!), other than sometimes not doing work, yet they have finally learned not to send him home for that reason anymore either. My answer to them when they have tried to get me to come get him has been, "He's there. That's an accomplishment in itself. If I come to get him, all he'll learn is that all he has to do to get out of school is quit working." I refuse to pick him up anymore.

People who think this is the way to deal with autistic behaviors need to be fired, and forced to be retrained, by AUTISTICS. These arrogant fools think they are experts, but this proves they have NO understanding of autism at all.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...