Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 7:46 am

Do not throw up, for the monster will get you. His name is emetaphobia.

I am afraid of vomiting and when we went on a field trip, our teachers bought pizza, but it poisoned a few of the kids in our class. They vomited and I clung to my girlfriends because I was afraid I might vomit too, especially on her :oops: .

gdgt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2013, 9:50 am

Yep, I've had emetophobia since I was a kid. It used to be so bad that I was afraid to watch TV/movies out of fear that there would be a vomiting scene. Now, I have a friend who screens them for me, and I just leave when I know the scene near.

The only thing that almost kept me from having children was the thought that I would someday need to clean up vomit. It hasn't happened yet, but I worry about it a lot, and my husband knows that he will be taking off from work when that day comes!

I "never" throw up, even with pregnancy morning sickness and my severe IBS nausea... but I got a virus of some sort last year. I think I cried more than I threw up, and at one point I begged to be taken to the hospital and sedated, because I was convinced the anxiety was going to kill me. I worry about getting another virus at least once a day.

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

I did have emetophobia when I was a kid. But that fear somehow turned into fascination and then that fascination became emetophilia. When I was emetophobic, I didn't fear other people throwing up. Just myself.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

Tell me about it. I have an INTENSE fear of vomiting. I know nobody likes it, but some have a worse fear than others.

I haven't physically been sick since I was about about 10 or 11 (can't remember exactly when, but it was around that age). I am now 23. I have felt sick since then, and have heaved too, but not actually brought anything back up. Thank God I have a strong immunity against vomiting bugs. I also have a strong immunity against chest infections and coughs too, but chest infections and coughs don't worry me. Even heaving during a coughing attack doesn't always worry me because it's not like proper vomiting.

I just don't like the vomiting where you feel sicker and sicker by the second, your stomach feels heavy, your heart is beating really fast, your mouth is constantly filling up with saliva, and soon enough your stomach uncontrollably squeezes in and you bend right over without realising how far you're actually bending over, and you start gagging and making all sorts of horrible noises, and then you see this horrible yellow-ish coloured stuff hitting the floor...... Not a very nice experience at all. I must say, I'm like an aerobic when I'm being sick. My nose can almost touch my knees, and yet any other time I try to do these sorts of moves, I cannot do it. :)

But anyway, yes, I really do wish it was impossible to be sick. I'd rather have diarrhoea on the toilet, but having uncontrollable diarrhoea when out in public is more embarrassing than being sick out in public. :oops:

Daydreamer86
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2013, 3:18 pm

I have emetephobia. I don't drink alcohol because I am scared of being sick (I hate the taste as well but not sure if that's because I am so scared of vomiting that my brain tells me it tastes horrible even when it might not). I want kids but hate the idea of morning sickness. My mum suffered really badly with it so I'm sure I will too. I never used to be scared of vomiting but the last time I vomited (which was 13 years ago), I was asleep at my nan's house and woke up thinking I needed to cough and then vomited all over my hands, the pillow and the floor. I hate the lack of control where it just pours out of you and there's nothing you can do to stop it! What makes it worse is that I have digestive issues which mean that I am nauseous pretty much all the time, particularly at night, so I feel sick all the time and can't rest because I am just willing myself not to throw up.

My blog on life with Aspergers.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm

Gravol, Pepto Bismo and Ginger ale is m best friend. i HATE HATE throwing up more than anything, id die before i throw up. I think i fear it because its out of my control.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com