What would be a good Christmas gift for a pre-teen girl?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

But one that really says something. You see, I like this girl. A lot. more than Joanie loves Chachi. So I need something special for her, but something she would like and be able to use often. So, what do girls between 10-12 like? I already know she HATES Justin Bieber, One Direction, and all the other trash everyone her age seems to enjoy. There isnt a whole lot I know about her interests, so it would probably have to be something generic that anyone and everyone could like. Jewelery, rings, pictures, expensive collectibles, and t-shirts would all work well. Any other suggestions for me?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 7:49 pm

Dude, 14 and 10-12 means you go to jail.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 7:57 pm

Um, no it doesnt. If you're any age above 18 and with someone less than 18 its illegal. Unless her parents decide to press charges against me if I did anything too stupid, then i'm alright. But they like me anyway so that won't be a problem. Im pretty sure I'm not doing anything to get thrown in jail.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 8:51 pm

1000Knives wrote:

Only if they have sex. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal for a 14-year-old and a 12-year old to hold hands, which is what I hope they'd be doing at that age.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:01 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

Only if they have sex. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal for a 14-year-old and a 12-year old to hold hands, which is what I hope they'd be doing at that age.

I remember reading many years ago in our criminal law up here in Ontario that it wasn't illegal for a 12 year old and 14 year old to have sex. I maybe misinterpreting some law or something, but age 14 seems to be the age of consent here considering it applies within a reasonable age gap.

If I had to remember what 10-12 year olds liked when I was younger, beanie babies would be it. I am not sure what the equivalent of a collectible would be for people that age now. I would avoid jewelry and go with something more thoughtful.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 9:10 pm

My son is 13 and his gf is 15... Her mom and I have become good friends and I wanted to make sure his gift was something special for his GF because to a 15 year old girl this is important and I also didn't want it to be something out of hand as far as her mom was concerned. It was decided a silver charm bracelet. They go to teen skate on Saturday nights so the first charm will be an ice skate. For valentines day something "lovey" and there is a ski trip planned for the end of February where he will give her a sweet gift of a ski charm. It is sentemental but not out of hand.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:19 pm

nm

Last edited by eric76 on 02 Dec 2012, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 9:27 pm

12/14 does not mean going to jail.. The guy just wants christmas gift ideas for a girl he likes. And seriously... If I look at my 13 year old and his 15 year old girlfriend I don't see any big deal. They are kids.. they are learning about relationships and they are both just kids. Get off this poor guys back.. He didn't ask what Kind of kinky panties to get her he said he wanted a sweet christmas gift to give her good grief!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:31 pm

I wonder if 1000Knives knows just how far out of line he was with his response. It has been a very long time since I've seen anything that inappropriate posted on any message board on the Internet.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:33 pm

It depends on your price range, I think. I like the idea of a bracelet.

Also when I read the OP I thought it was sweet. I don't think I've ever heard of a fourteen year old going to jail for buying anyone a gift.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

^exactly... and amazon has them for $20 plus charms are $5 to $15

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 10:14 pm

Get her an arts & crafts kit. Then you can bond by doing a project with her.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 10:30 pm

If you want to give her something really special you need some insight. You may ask her best friend, her sister or her mother. Otherwise it would be hard because all girls are into different things. My daughter is 12 and she really is into nailpolish right now, so I am thinking about getting her a manicure kit for Xmas. If your friend likes stuffed animals you can get her a big one really cute one. She would find that adorable.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

I'd say a bracelet, too. Or a necklace.

MariaMosum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2012, 11:35 pm

Try chocolates..:)

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:49 pm

I would have been a sucker for a bracelet with a charm of something I really liked. You'll have to do a little detective work for that. A safe bet is always something soft and stuffed that she can cuddle. I'd still melt if I got a gift like that. :)