Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 11:28 am

BeauZa wrote:
I have enjoyed listening to Rush's album, 'Grace Under Pressure', while playing Yu-Gi-Oh!: Forbidden Memories... it beats the tedium of the in-game music by far.

This actually sounds like an amazing combination.

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2012, 2:02 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
:o :o You know about Forbidden Memories!! I thought it was long forgotten! Personally, the only music I find tedious from that game is this track, since you're forced to play through that mode for most of the game to get all the good cards.

Yeah, that's the point where I muted it and put on any CD I could find; I did a lot of grinding for the good stuff so the varied music helped me through it.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 4:15 pm

BeauZa wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
:o :o You know about Forbidden Memories!! I thought it was long forgotten! Personally, the only music I find tedious from that game is this track, since you're forced to play through that mode for most of the game to get all the good cards.

Yeah, that's the point where I muted it and put on any CD I could find; I did a lot of grinding for the good stuff so the varied music helped me through it.

I think I'm actually going to put on a soundtrack from a different video game next time I play Forbidden Memories. You can only grind for good cards for so long until the music drives you nuts >___< Thanks for the idea :)

Then I have done my job

Scourgething
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2012, 2:54 am

I listen to a guy going under the pseudonym of "Syrsa" when i play The Binding of Isaac, since i have gotten tired of the original soundtrack.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 9:17 am

I do. I listen to 80s music while playing Pacman on my Nintendo Ds and while I am playing Donkey Kong, Asteroids and Mario on my Nintendo Gameboy Colour and playing Sonic and Street Fighter on xbox.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 9:23 am

I know this may seem weird but I like listening to the original Mario theme song as well as Sonic.

addlepated
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2012, 5:04 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I like to play unfitting music to Skyrim. It makes the game really enjoyable when you're listening to Ievan Polkka. :lol:

Ievan Polka! :lmao: I've got to try that.

I generally stick with the in-game music as I enjoy a lot of it (esp. Final Fantasy game music). I did swap some Himekami tracks into Space Colony as I got tired of the game music very quickly, but then Himekami generally sounds like game music anyway (indeed, a track was used in Suikoden III, I believe). Still, most of the time I feel there is a strong association with a game and its music. It can't be just me who has happened to hear some easy-listening guitar strums and a well-placed whistle and got an overwhelming urge to play The Sims, can it? :lol:

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

When I play PVP in WoW i play Gangam Style and Dragon Roost Island from the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. In Minecraft i just listen to the ingame music (EPIC)

LucindaClown
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

While I really really like the idea of listening to music while playing videogames, I've tried it before and just can't do it. I don't know why but for some reason when I listen to music while playing videogames, my ability to play goes down drastically. I find it way too distracting.
I do love listening to in-game music however, especially Skyrim's music. To me, nothing else could go with it better.

shyjonathan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2012, 2:45 am

Sometimes I'll even watch/listen to TV while playing games online. Saturday I was playing mmorpg while watching Battlestar Galactica

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 1:28 am

I sometimes listen to my own music when I'm playing multiplayer or doing something repetitive. But it's not quite the same as what you do.

Sauceball
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2013, 12:12 am

I'll occasionally blast Tiny Tim while playing COD.

Jedi999
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2013, 10:44 am

I only do this if I'm reminded of a particular song while playing the game, or if I have one stuck in my head. Otherwise the music just seems like background noise.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

Yes, especially gothic power metal with male vocals such as Rhapsody Of Fire. I hate it when the guys I'm playing with have rap turned up really loud and I can hear it on their mic.